"You kissed me." "Yes." "Why?" "I told you why." "But I don't get it." "It's not hard to get." "Why me?" "What sort of question is that?" "A question." I rubbed my face frustrated. "Why me?" "What?" She questioned. "You like me, or liked me, why me?" "Because." "See not so easy is it?" "I like you. Not liked." She clarifies. "Then why are we arguing?" "Because I'm confused." She throws her hands up in the air. "About?" "You're you and I'm me." "Okay." "You're you." "We established this." "You're cool and laid back and calm and collected and I'm me. A ball of anxiety and overthinking and pretty much the opposite of you." "Then call it a balance." "You should be with someone like... Like MK. Or Raffie. Scarlett." "But I don't like them." "You kissed Raffie... And Scarlett." "And you, twice." I point out. She tilted her head and I sat on the bed in defeat. "What do you want me to say, Lizzie?" "That I'm not right for you. Reject me! Don't feel guilty for me!" "I don't feel guilty." "Yes, you do." "Don't tell me how I feel," I tell her firmly. 

"I like you, you and all your quirks. And I don't care that I'm different to you. I like you." "No, you don't." I lay back on the bed and cover my face with my hands, she was frustrating me. "Elizabeth. I like you. Why won't you just accept it? Is that not what you want?" "I don't want it if you're giving it to me." "Then how else am I meant to admit to having feelings for you? Make you hate me then tell you?" "Yeah." 

I stand up quickly and go to the main room. "What are you doing we're talking." "No we're arguing about how I feel and you shouldn't have an opinion on that. I'm deathly hungover and I want pizza." I inform her, going into my freezer and pulling out a frozen pizza. She stood in silence for a while, I continued with making my pizza. "So, you like me?" "Yes." "Why?" I closed my eyes. Why wasn't she understanding? "Lizzie it's okay if you've moved on. I can take it." "I haven't." She said quickly. "Then just accept it. Please." "But what does it mean? How is it going to work? What is going to happen? What if you realise you don't want me? Or like me as much as you think you do? Or get sick of me as Robbie did?" "I'm not Robbie, I wouldn't hurt you ever," I tell her first that was the most important question. "I mean it, Liz. Never." She nodded chewing her lip. "I haven't figured everything out yet. I just know I like you." "Why?" "Elizabeth, I'm not doing this again." "I'm a mess. Why would you like me?" "You're not a mess." She gave me a 'really' look and I rolled my eyes. "Come here." I held my hands out and she stepped closer to me taking my hands and I tugged her closer to me. "Look at me." 

She did. "What's going on?" She shrugged. "Talk to me." "Robbie." "What about him?" I asked softly. "He said somethings." I nodded. "You don't like me." "I do. I like you." She shakes her head. "Maybe for now but you'll get bored of me. I'll make you hate me." "You could never." "You're frustrated with me already." "No, I'm pissed at Robbie for brainwashing you." "You don't." I kissed her, cutting her off. "Finish that sentence and I'm kicking you out of my apartment until tomorrow afternoon," I warned her. "Kiss me again." She whispered I lent in letting our lips graze. "Please." So I gave her what she wanted and kissed her, it was slow and steady nothing too extreme. "Are you going to let me talk without telling me what I want?" She nodded. 

"I like you, Elizabeth. I like, like you. And I have for a while. It's never been the right time to tell you partly because you never let me speak about it. But when you kissed me." "And you pulled away." "Because I thought we'd be able to sit by the bonfire and talk about it like adults. I didn't pull away because I didn't want it or enjoy it." "When?" "What?" "When did you know?" "Remember when you were braiding Cassie's hair after we went to the beach?" "That was like a year ago." I nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?" "Because believe it or not I am well aware you're Elizabeth Olsen in the eyes of the world and not, Lizzie the girl in the coffee shop. And I'm Nell, daddy's little apprentice from LA. I wasn't part of your world. I'm not part of your world" "So what changed?" "Tom asked me out on a date and I didn't want to go. All that was going through my head was you. And how I wished Tom wouldn't have asked me because I was with you and that everyone knew that." "You want people to know we're together." "Well yeah. Not people but your friends at least. And They don't because we're not together and It sucked so I told MK everything and she already knew, of course, she did she knows everything and she told me to talk to you tonight. So I tried but I couldn't so we drank and then I stopped drinking because I was worried you'd think I was drunkenly rambling which I wasn't and then the end of the night came and I hadn't said anything and you wanted to dance to one of my favourite songs and it was like the perfect moment so I kissed you and it was good and then it went bad and now I'm rambling." "Your rambling is cute." 

"Can I take you on a date? And try this with you and see if it's what we both want." Fear was in her beautiful eyes. "I'm certain it's what I want. I just want to make sure it's what you want." I assured her. "I'd like that." "Yeah?" "Yeah." "Can I kiss you?" She asked again. "Let's wait until the date." She shakes her head and pouts and I chuckle. "One more." I let her kiss me my arms snake around her waist and pulled her closer to me, her arms lock behind my neck as she plays with my baby hair. We pulled away and she chased my lips. She was blushing and I was admiring her. "Can I have some pizza too?  I too, have a deathly hangover." I chuckled and nodded.

---------

We lay on the sofa eating and watching a movie. "When are you taking me out?" She asked me smiling brightly. "When do you go back to LA?" I asked her. I need to know the time frame I was working with. "Next week." "How about Tuesday evening?" "Sounds good, when should I be ready?" "I'll message you when I have everything planned." "Okay." 

"I have work in the morning." I remind her. "You suck." "Rude." I chuckle sitting up slightly. "Can I stay?" "Yes," I answer simply cleaning up. "I'm going to call Ash." "I'm gonna fill MK in." We both laughed at our teenage habits before actually going to call them both. She went into the bedroom and I went into the hallway. 

After the twins, we filled in we changed for bed and then settled down for the evening. I took the sofa as normal and she took the bed. "You know we kissed so we can share the bed now right." "I don't sleep in the same bed before the first date." "I mean technically we're still friends if there's no dating." "Goodnight, Elizabeth." "Goodnight, Eleanor."