A smile found its way over his lips as he looked at the two sleeping bundle of joy in front of him. They were so innocent and so beautiful. Honestly as Igor had said, they looked like cute little chipmunks with eyes closed, small nose and pouty lips.

After he was sure that his babies were fast asleep, did he walked into the living room and found both Igor and Demyan spread on the sofa sleeping like logs. He felt bad that after such a dread filled day, they were sleeping on the sofas only to be with him. He couldn't be thankful to god for more, that he granted him with such a wonderful family who loved him and never once left his side. They always stood by him like a wall.

Spreading the blankets over their bodies, he walked back towards Adiva. The bed was king sized, so he just lay beside her, stroking her cheeks, waiting for her to wake up. He was dying to see those beautiful onyx doe eyes and her melodic voice from her lips, as she would gaze at him with love. Eventually, exhaustion took over him and he fell asleep beside her.

It was almost 7:00 in the morning when he woke up. Adiva was still unconscious. A forlorn expression crossed his features as he stared at her unconscious form. "When will you wake up and bless me with your beautiful voice darling?" he murmured softly kissing her hand.

The doctors had arrived and examined both Adiva and the twins, concluding that all the three were doing fine and Adiva should wake up soon. All her reports had come normal. The doctors concluded that the injury on her head was a major concussion but fortunately, there was no any injury to the brain. The scars on her arm where not deep enough to leave any marks. Zacharias sighed in relief.

Her parents arrived late in the afternoon and directly rushed towards her. After a brief talk, he walked out of the room and went towards his babies to give them some privacy. Tina and Alyosha were already there.

"How is she?" They inquired.

He shrugged lightly. "The same."

"She will wake up." Alyosha assured.

It had been more than a week by now, Adiva had slipped into a coma. It was when even after the 48 hours of deadline that she hadn't woken up, the doctors had declared that she had slipped into a coma. Zacharias had gone berserk when he had heard the news.

"I don't understand, all her vital organs are functioning smoothly. There is no serious injury left on her brain accept the concussion on her forehead, but even that was cured and there was no risk of any kind of brain injury, and yet she had not woken up. She should have woken up by now..." The doctor found his eyes squinting and nose crinkling, as he examined and mumbled.

"Then why the fuck are you a doctor when you fucking don't even know the reason of a comatose state?" Zacharias growled angrily.

"I'm sorry sir, but sometimes it's beyond our knowledge when patients fall into such condition. Maybe her brain is still trying to put her into tranquility from all the traumatic experiences she has gone through. In such situations, we can't say when the patient is willing to wake up. It might even take an hour, a few days, a month or a year...It's all up to the patient."
Zach was furious at his dubious reply and had dismissed him angrily.

As the reality started sinking in, he howled in agony. "No! You can't do this to me Adiva!!"

"Zach, please control yourself...." Ana cried, tightening her arms around him. "Nothing is going to happen to her. She is a brave girl, and of all, she is your woman, your queen. Please hold yourself together.  She will come back. I promise she will fight death and come back to us...To you..." She spoke with ardor. Tears ran down her eyes as she held him.

They all encapsulated him, whispering words of assurance and promise, as they stood by him.

"She is our brave sister, Zach....She will fight death and wake up, you will see..." Demyan's voice choked.

"She will....She has to..." Zacharias replied fiercely.

Zacharias had made the hospital his home from the last twelve days. He would shower and change at the hospital itself. He hardly had any sleep from the last 12 days. He would sit for hours watching her, that there might be any movement, that she would anytime open her eyes. He did not wanted to live her alone for even a second, in case if she woke up and did not find him there.

Zacharias was not left alone much. Every time at least two or three family members would be always there close to him. Time was passing by slowly, tearing him into pieces. He was hanging on the thin rope, hoping that she would wake up soon. He had gone all cold and distant, and hardly spoke to anyone, unless it concerned Adiva or the twins. The doctors and nurses would come and go by, every hour looking for any improvement, but she laid there like a lifeless doll.

He ran his finger on her cheek. "Oh my beautiful angel..." he sighed softly. "When will you wake up and come back to me?" He rested his forehead against hers. His lips brushing her eyelashes. He closed his eyes basking in the familiar situation.

This should have been their happy moment, but he felt so sad.

"Our twins have fought through it. They will be removed from the incubator and very soon we will be able to hold our babies in our arms. You won't believe how beautifully we have created them. Everyone is gushing at them and their charm. They are dying to hold them. But baby, I want us to hold them first as their parents. I want them to see us first as they open their beautiful eyes. It's time to wake up" He caressed her cheek.

"I know you can do it love. You are much braver than this. I know you will fight this. You are my brave queen. See, our prince and princess are waiting for you to hold them, for their mother's warmth."
He so badly wanted her to listen and respond. He thought she would at least respond when she would hear about her babies.

His heart wept in sadness. "Wake up love, please wake up..." He tilted his head slightly to gaze at her face.

She lay there emotionless, eyes closed. His heart constricted in anguish. He kissed her lips, cheeks, than her forehead. "Our babies need you love. Come on now, please wake up." He gently placed his head on her chest, listening to the pacifying beat of her heart.

A tear slipped down his eyes and fell on her chest soaking the fabric. His dolour heart longed to see his wife smile and hear her talk to him.