Chapter 3: chicken

"there's no shortcuts to perfection. all it takes is hard work and more hard work."

- jonghyun, shinee.

———————————  ||  ———————————ep 1 after school scene:

ep 1 after school scene:

"i can finally get away from this hell" jae groaned out as he began stretching his limbs.

"jae! are you coming?" was all he heard from the hallway. recognising the voice as his sister's, he got up from his chair and began walking out.

"coming!" was all he replied back before hearing an "i'll wait outside for you" and began running out.

but just a few steps away from his class, he heard some noises coming from the science lab.

'is uncle in today?' he questioned before walking to the back room where his uncle usually would be and began to open the door, but once he saw HyeonJu (the girl that was with gwi-nam that night on the rooftop) growling at the ceiling, he left.

'i bet she was nosey and touched that rat' he thought before walking out of the room and began to rush towards the exit to meet his sister who was waiting for him.

'good luck uncle. i'm gonna go and eat chicken. i should probably bring him some' jae stopped walking.

'nah' he shrugged before exiting the school to see his sister standing with her back faced towards him.

"na yeon~ i'm here" he announced as na yeon turned around to hug her brother.

"where's eun-ji and baek-hyeon?' he questioned as she shrugged having no idea where their cousins were, until he got a message from baek-hyeon.

"hyung said they went home early and to bring chicken" jae read out before shrugging and throwing him arm over na-yeon as they began walking through the field.

"i won't be coming" na yeon announced due to her having to do something important after school, but still asked for her brother to bring back chicken.

"it's alright. i'll go with my friends, stay safe" he rushed out before walking next to cheongsan and gyeong-su as they follwed on-jo and i-sak.

"food here i come!" jae shouted out while his friends laughed at how happy he was to eat chicken.

———————————  ||  ———————————
at cheongsan's parents restaurant: