Chapter 6: oh shit, run!!

The haters wanna hurt me and I'm laughin' at the pain

- the living tombstones, "my ordinary life"

———————————  ||  ———————————

previously on jae the simp collector:

as jae began to walk towards the entrance of the school, he saw people running and tripping over one another as some began to eat the flesh of their classmates.

"oh shit- time to go back" and so jae ran back into the cafeteria and making sure to lock the doors as he began to warn jin-su and baek-hyeon.

"we have a problem" was all he stressed out before students could be seen outside the cafeteria banging the doors to get in.

and that was when jae knew, everyone was screwed.

———————————  ||  ———————————

cafeteria:

terrifying screams could be heard throughout the cafeteria along with the snarls of turned students.

"damn. those human noodles be making me crave noodles right now" jae thought out loud as his stomach rumbled in response while his cousins just looked at him dumbfounded before they all witnessed a zombie run towards them.

"haha you can't catch me" jae said as he whacked whoever was running towards him with a bloody metal plate while baek-hyeon and jin-su did the same.

"we need to grab eun-ji!" baek-hyeon shouted out worried about his sister as they all continued to fight any zombies coming their way.

"she'll be alright!" jae said knowing she would've seen what was happening and knew what to do from then.

"but don't worry, i'll get her. even if i have to die in the process" jae smiled to both his cousins who looked worriedly at him before they all heard the shouts of their friend group.

"come on!" on-jo yelled out towards all three boys who ran as they fought the zombies coming their way, and one by one, everyone got out....except jae who was currently fighting off a zombie that jumped him.

"at least take me out to dinner first" jae scoffed as he yelled for them to go and that he'll meet up with them soon.

everyone watched the window with worry, but had to leave once they witnessed more zombies coming towards them.

"he'll be alright. i bet right now he's found the kitchen safely and is probably eating" jin-su said while baek-hyeon nodded while feeling uneasy about being separated from his younger cousin.

'you better come back jae, or else i'll burn every damn album that you own of 875' baek-hyeon thought as they ran to an empty classroom, just in time to see na-yeon and the rest of their friends there, including su-hyeok and nam-ra.

na-yeon smiled in relief to find both her cousins safe, but found that one is missing, and so is her little brother as her smile fell.

"where are they?"

———————————  ||  ———————————

meanwhile with jae:

"ayo, that's my ass you're touching" jae spoke after devouring some of the sandwiches that he found untouched.

"oh, i know" gwi-nam shamelessly replied as he was happy to be with jae in this moment.

"i don't care if they hear us, but i won't hesitate to shove a knife up your ass" jae replied with s scowl on his face.

"i wouldn't mind it" gwi-nam smirked as jae watched him in disbelief before quieting down once he heard snarling coming closer to the place where he's hiding.

"gwi-nam, let's go. on the count of three, you go left, i go right." jae ordered as gwi-nam nodded obediently.

'we both go left and make the zombie go right. you're not called a genius for no reason jae' gwi-nam thought.

"Okay, on the count of three" jae began.

"one" they both made sure no laces were untied.

"two" they got ready to make a run for it.

"thre- oh shit, run!!" jae shouted out after seeing a zombie so close to his face aiming to bite him and began to run after grabbing gwi-nam's hand as they both ran away.

———————————  ||  ———————————

meanwhile with the others:

"my little brother is out there, eun-ji is out there and you're telling me to calm down?"

"and what are you doing as our class president?" na-yeon glanced at nam-ra who was sitting down.

"what can i do? go outside and call the teachers?" nam-ra replied back annoyed.

'if you weren't his sister, i would've punched you right now' nam-ra thought as na-yeon glared at everyone in her sight as everyone forgot about the unguarded doors.

"eun-ji is okay. she's up on the rooftop and safe from everyone else." baek-hyeon sighed in relief from the messages that his sister sent him telling him that she was okay.

"but jae, we don't even know if he's alive at this point" everyone teared up at the thought of jae transforming into a zombie. except for two.

"and you all left him there to die" everyone flinched from the words of na-yeon.

"he'll be alright. he's jae" jin-su spoke up from his hiding spot behind baek-hyeon.

"he has to be" he whispered only for him and baek-hyeon to hear.

"bu-" as na-yeon began to speak up once more, the door slammed open.

———————————  ||  ———————————

hello hello! sorry for not updating frequently, i've been busy spending most of my time either with school, or sleeping.

hopefully this chapter was entertaining! i'm sorry that it's short, but i'll try to make the next one longer.

take care of yourselves, and i hope you have an amazing day.

see you in the next chapter, bye bye ♥️