Chapter 1: rain

"go your own way. even if you live a day,
do something. put weakness away."

- bts, "no more dream"

unedited:———————————  ||  ———————————

unedited:
———————————  ||  ———————————

"ah, it's so cold out here, and raining too? damn. at least i have an umbrella" was all that jae had to say as he began going for his night walk in the streets of hyosan.

"that's why you always need to have something warm to wear when you go out at night" another voice whispered in his ear, which startled jae.

"hyung, what are you doing here? i could've kicked you in the face, if i hadn't recognised your voice." jae replied still startled about the scare.

"good thing you remembered. i would've been put in the hospital from that kick" was all baek yeon said before stealing the umbrella jae had and began rushing off.

"hyung! it's dangerous, and my umbrella- come back!" jae shouted before running to catch up with his cousin.

———————————  ||  ———————————

while on the rooftop of some random building:

a boy named jin-su was being beaten up while he begs for it to stop, and he tries to fight back.

while at the staircases leading to the rooftop, is jae and baek hyeon walking up wanting to explore said rooftop.

"wait- did you hear that?" jae stopped walking leading for baek hyeon to bump into him.

"hear what? the sound of my nose breaking after bumping into your brick wall of a back?" baek hyeon replied as he rubs his nose in pain.

"no, and thank you for calling my back a brick wall, but don't you hear those noises on the rooftop? it sounds like someone's having a fight." jae said as he began walking up the steps in a rush.

"hyung, hurry up! we gotta get up there to make sure nobody falls off" jae hurriedly said as he began practically running up the steps.

"you're too much of a fast person, i'll be there soon" baek hyeon whined.

but before he could finish his sentence, jae was no where in sight.

"i feel sorry for whoever dares to anger him up there" baek hyeon sighs as he continues on with the long walk,

"and damn these steps for taking so long to climb up on"

———————————  ||  ———————————

the rooftop:

a few words of "hey, stop it. stop" being said in a bored tone was all jae heard, as he began opening the door to see a boy his age on the rooftop floor, while another was aiming to kick him, with three more figures watching it all go down.

'jin-su?' was all jae thought of before growing irritated at what was happening to said boy.

"hey! you dumb fuck, move away from him"
jae shouted, which gained the attention of everyone, but the boy on the floor.

"gwi-nam, if you lay another finger on him, i'll beat the shit out of you. now move away from my cousin." jae glared in the direction of gwi-nam as he clenched his fists.

all gwi-nam did was smirk as he went on to kick jin-su in the face.

'please do,' was all gwi-nam thought of during that.

"you're done. you're done" jae said as he began walking to where gwi-nam and jin-su were.

———————————  ||  ———————————

hello!! hopefully this chapter wasn't confusing or boring, but if you're confused about the whole cousin thing, jin-su is jae's cousin from his father's side which means that the science teacher is the brother of jae's father.

hope you enjoyed the chapter, and i'll see you in another. bye bye~