“Luisa, can you come here please?” He asks and she nods, approaching us cautiously. We all make our way silently to my room, the only sounds in the house being my soft sobs. As soon as my door closes, Luisa picks me up in a very tight hug, lifting me off the ground. As uncomfortable as this would be normally, it feels nice right now, even if she doesn’t know why I’m crying. 

“What’s wrong, bro?” She asks softly. She must realize that I wouldn’t be able to talk like this even if my trauma hadn’t left me speechless and sets me down, straightening out my clothes. I try to force myself to talk but I can’t. Only a sob escapes me. 

“Can you talk?” Mirabel puts a hand on my shoulder and I shake my head. “Can we tell her?” I nod, collapsing onto her just thinking about it. She leads me over to my bed, sitting down with me as Camilo and Luisa follow shortly behind us and bend down to our height. Camilo and Mirabel begin to tell her everything and through my tears, I see her eyes well up with sympathy tears for me. She takes my hand, making me look over at her. 

“I want you to know that I will happily strangle and smother this man for you.” She tells me and I chuckle, thinking she’s joking. “I’m serious. I am not a violent person but someone like that doesn’t deserve to live.” 

“That’s fine, Luisa.” I finally force myself to speak. “I don’t want you to go to jail for murder. I can just… live the rest of my life in here. I mean, how helpful to the town is telekinesis anyway, right?” I chuckle and almost perfectly timed, a vase full of beautiful flowers Isabela made me falls off a shelf and I save it, putting it back up on its shelf across the room. 

“(Y/N)...” Mirabel whispers, hugging me. “Honey, you can’t stay holed up in Casita for the rest of your life. I will do whatever it takes to make you feel safe going out in town.” 

“We will.” Camilo says, emphasizing the first word. 

“Maybe that means telling the rest of the family.” Luisa tells me softly, putting a hand on my knee and I shake my head. 

“I-I couldn’t. I mean, Mira and Cami had to tell you what happened for me.” 

“Then maybe we can again.” Camilo suggests. “You don’t have to say anything, we can tell them everything. I mean, no doubt Dolores knows.” 

“Can’t Dolores just do it then? I don’t want to put that much pressure on you guys, like you don’t need to tell my story every time someone wants to know.” I shrug and Mirabel nods. 

“Dolores, can you please tell everyone what happened?” She asks openly. We sit there for a while just chatting and trying to cheer me up. I end up laughing until my sides hurt and only stop when my stomach growls loudly. “Cami, you took them to a restaurant and didn’t even feed them?” Mirabel asks, smacking him upside the head. 

“Mira, it’s fine. We left before our food came.” I assure her and Camilo crosses his arms, sticking his tongue out at her. 

“See? I’m a good boyfriend.” He argues. 

“I’m a better girlfriend.” She says back and I giggle, making their attentions turn to me. 

“What?” They both ask. 

“You’re both equally as good.” I smile, kissing Mirabel’s cheek and leaning over to kiss Camilo’s forehead. 

“But if I take you downstairs for dinner first, I'm better, right?” Camilo asks, standing quickly.

“No. No one is better. You’re both equally losers.” I chuckle and they both scoff playfully, laughing. Luisa laughs the loudest, standing as well. 

“Are your legs fine enough to walk now?” She asks after her laughter dies down. I stand quickly and smile when I find out my legs are finally stable. 

“Yes. Thank you guys, so much. My reactions to stuff like that have never been that bad.” I chuckle awkwardly and Mirabel stands, waiting to come to my side to hug me. 

“Well, that’s the biggest event that’s happened in years. I can’t imagine it’s easy.” She says, kissing the shell of my ear lovingly. 

“Besides, you wouldn’t be a Madrigal without trauma.” Camilo chuckles. 

“Ours is just generational.” Luisa scoops us up in one big group hug and we use the remaining air in our lungs to laugh. When she sets us down, Mirabel and Camilo take each of my hands. 

“Let’s get some food in you so you don’t wither away.” Mirabel giggles, leading us downstairs. When we emerge from my room, everyone stares up at me in stunned silence. The first person to move is Antonio, running up the stairs as fast as he can and coming to hug my legs lightly. I move his head away from the wine stain on my lap and hug the top of his head. 

“I’m so sorry that happened to you, (Y/N).” He whispers to me.

------------------------------------
Word Count: 1,556

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed! If you aren't following me and didn't see my post earlier, I've been sick for the past couple of day. So sick that I haven't been able to write, so I won't be able to update for a few days. Stay safe, my dudes <3

Published: (2/9/22) (Month/Day/Year)

Final Word Count: 1,625