13: A Date With Mirabel

Heyo! This chapter is in your P.O.V. and a little bit of spicy things happen but it's not too much. Enjoy!
------------------------------------

“What?” I ask, staring down at the vision as I continue to tilt it left and right. Bruno crosses his arms, shrugging. 

“It’s like you said. I don’t make the visions, I just have ‘em.” He tells me softly. 

“When would there be fireworks?” I don’t take my eyes off the vision, even when Antonio and Dolores come to each of my sides.

“New Year's is in a few days.” Antonio looks up at me, trying to see the vision for himself. 

“Guess you gotta choose.” Bruno approaches us. Not. Helping. Tío

“My brother loves you. Like, a lot. The rats in our house tell me everything.” Antonio tells me, jumping up and taking the vision to look at it himself. 

“I think Mirabel loves you equally. They were up earlier ranting to themselves about how much they love you. They both think they could never compete with the other and that you’ll choose the other person.” Dolores squeaks with a shrug. 

“You guys are helping so much, thank you for your insight, captain obvious!” I snap sarcastically. Did that much anger really come from me? Everyone else seems as shocked as I am that my tone raised so high. “I’m sorry.” I sigh, sitting down again. “This is just really stressful.” 

“I could imagine.” Dolores sits down next to me, putting an empathetic hand on my shoulder. “There’s always the possibility of an open relationship, though.” 

“They couldn’t.” I shake my head. “They’re both too jealous. You of all people should know that.” 

“I dunno.” She shrugs, a small smirk crossing her face. “They both seem really desperate to be with you. I mean, they love you so much that they’ll take anything they can get.” 

“Still, I dunno. It’s risky.” 

“Look, just try it. Don’t fight their love but talk to them about having an open relationship with each of them. Try it out and if it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work. It’s just an experiment to prove to you that they really do want you, even if they do have to share.” Dolores explains and I finally look over at her from where my eyes are fixed on the ground. 

“Fine. But who do I kiss on New Year’s?” I question, searching her eyes for anything. 

“That’s your decision. It could be one, or it could be both. Your call.” She replies and I spend days thinking about that. I go through breakfast, chores, lunch, dinner, and nights focusing on what to do. I’m only broken out of my trance around day three of this cycle during chore time when both Camilo and Mirabel come up to me looking more nervous than ever. 

“I wanna take you on a date--” They both start. 

“-- today.” Mirabel says. 

“-- tonight.” Camilo finishes his sentence as well and when he does, he glares at Mirabel. She gives him the same icy stare back and I sigh. Is an open relationship really going to work?

“We’ll go to our special spot and have lunch just like we used to.” Mirabel smiles softly at me, taking her eyes off of Camilo.