chapter 7: working for silco

Jinx pov

I go back into the room y/n is in and see her waiting on the couch "oh jinx your back, what happened?" Y/n Is confused and I dont blame her "slico was being serious he wants you to work for him as his new assistant ya know do some assassin work body guard duty the basics" y/n looks dumbfounded "he was just kicking me out though now he wants me to work for him I dont get it but I mean if you and me can hang out I dont mind" y/n smiles at me "NO!!" y/n looks at me like I just said the worst thing ever "uh what happened I thought this was a good thing?" "Well if you do something wrong silco will kill you, you don't know how its like to work for him" I try to warn her Its like I don't want her to work for him what of she gets hurt it'll be all my fault "dont you work for him?" "Well yes but that's different" "so you don't want me to stay with you?" I dont know what to say of course i want her to stay i just don't want her to get hurt "no thats not it" "then what is?" Y/n is not letting this go she really wants to work for him but why? "Because you'll get hurt and I cant let you get hurt! why do you want to work for him so bad anyways?!"

Y/n

Jinx is definitely upset I don't understand what happened. Does she really care about me to really not want me to get hurt "do you really care about me that much jinx?" Jinx says nothing just looks down "look I won't work for him if you don't want me to get hurt and i guess not like I really want to I just wanted to stay with you longer and then we can even work together too" jinx looks at me strangely like I said something crazy well I guess its crazy to her she must not have people who care about her "you just wanted to stay with me?" "Yes of course jinx thats all I wanted" jinx smiles and so do I "fine work for him so you can stay with out silco trying to kill you or something but just promise me you'll be careful I cant lose another person" I give her the tightest hug and whisper to her "me neither jinx so I promise" we part from the hug "good now slico wants you in his office to get a picture of your first target" "really this fast ok well I'll see you later jinx"

Jinx pov
I still don't trust whatever silco has planned why the sudden change with y/n the wanting to do whatever to get rid of them to being completely happy and offering them a job and to stay here with me I just don't understand so im going to get to the bottom of this, I'll just go of the rafters on the ceiling and listen in to what their talking about in there without getting caught.

Y/n pov

I start walking out the room and to his office I knock and he yells from the inside "come in" I step inside "you wanted to see me sir?" I say confidently trying not to seem as scared and intimated as i really was "ah yes of course, and this is Sevika shes my right hand person and if i see you need some work or training Sevika here will rake care of you." I look over to this sevika person and shes tall and even more scary "here is the target I need to be taken care of, he keeps messing with my shimmer products and i have a shipment i need done tomorrow morning so this needs to be done by tonight, what's the weapon you will be requesting?" This is a lot to take in right now but i think for a minute "knife and hand gun" im excited cause I get weapons too I smile as I take them and the picture its just some dude nothing too hard I nod my head in understanding of the mission and leave the place.

Slicos pov

"Sevika I'll probably need you to take care of that guy in about an hour or so there's no way that kid will do it or at least make it out a live." I light a cigar and gesture sevika to sit which she does. "I don't like that y/n hanging around jinx she will only distract her from her work and we can't have that. So I came up with a plan, give her a job she'll obviously fail and die and then no more y/n and if she does manage to do It and come back in one piece then I guess I dont have to keep looking for a new assistant."

Jinx pov

I knew it. He wasn't doing this for just a new assistant he just wants her out of the picture i got to make sure she does this job right I'll just follow her and make sure she's OK and only step in if I really need to.

Y/n pov

I load the gun and pocket both it and the knife as I start to search for the guy and in the files silco gave me it says to check local bars and clubs so I do just that and it doesn't take long to find him. I wait on a rooftop as I see him enter a bar and I wait to shoot him when he exits an hour or so of waiting patiently he walks out looking suspiciously so I take that as my opportunity to shoot him and I shoot him right in the head in-between his eyes perfectly with my aim. I jump down the side of the building to his body and drag it to the back and see a note in his hand and grab it. I opened it to find some sort of plan to take down silcos business I pocket the note and start on my way back to silco. "Where do you think your going?" I turn around to see 5 large men surrounding the exit of the alley.