My nerves decrease now that he is in front of me. He's not even mad, he's worried. I don't have to worry about trying to explain everything and confrontation. He came to me, thanks to Melody.

I pull down the top of my shirt slightly just to prove that I am not wearing the necklace. "It's permanent Brandon. No magic. No necklace. This is real." I wiggle my ears for him. He grabs my face like he is making sure. He tilts my head left and right in shock. I can't help but lean into his warm hands. I have missed him so much.

"Melody told me everything and then when she told me you were sent back, I kept thinking about how I wish I could have done something. I didn't even get to say goodbye. I walked away from you again, but I was angry and confused. It was difficult finding out the girl you've been dating has secretly been a um... a well, you know?" He seems uneasy about telling me this but makes sure to keep his voice down.

I place my hand on his. "I understand. It's okay. No more secrets, I promise." I laugh, trying to ease the tension.

With that, Brandon drops his hand and rubs the back of his neck. "Well, if that is the case, I have something to tell you." He grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him. This close to him, I forgot how amazing his eyes were. "Something I should have told you a long time ago but never did... I love you too, Rei."

My cheeks heat up almost immediately. Even though it may have been one of the worst nights of my life... I am so glad he remembers I told him that. I never stopped loving him, even after being sent back.

Brandon kisses me before I have a chance to respond. I don't mind. I have missed this. His soft warm lips pressed against my own and how gentle he holds me. I have missed everything about him.

"Um hello!" A voice I wish I didn't recognize screeches nearby. A furious Harmony stomps over to us. I swear her eyes have turned to a blood red color, she's that angry. "Someone call security! There's a human in the building!" People gasp and look around for this "human" she speaks of. Others laugh and turn away, refusing to acknowledge her.

"Harmony, what the hell are you doing here?" Brandon asks, annoyed. "Aren't you supposed to be suspended, right now?" Suspended? Interesting.

"Well, so is Pois, and she's still here." Harmony points out.

My eyelid jerks with irritation and Brandon pulls my arm to create distance between Harmony and I. She sure knows how to make a scene, doesn't she? I play my part as I should and gasp. "Oh no! A human? Where?" I look around frantically, but the best part is watching Harmony become even more irritated. It's my daily dose of entertainment that I have missed.

Harmony laughs cruelly. "You! You're human, I saw it." She lowers her voice. "You're an imposter, Reighlynn Fritz." She thinks she is intimidating, but I think she looks like a fool. It takes everything in me not to mock her.

The crowd of students are looking at us oddly, not understanding what she is saying. "Me?" I place my hand against my chest, offended. Technically speaking, I was human.

Harmony turns to the crowd. "She's using magic to look like one of us! It's not real!" She flaring her arms like a maniac. She looks ridiculous.

"Okay, Harmony." I also turned to the crowd, "We all know you dislike me very much, but accusing me of such a crime, now that's low." Next to me, Brandon snickers.

"Don't listen to her!" Harmony continues. "It's a magical necklace. She's a fake!"

Now I am the one snickering. "Do I look like I am wearing a necklace?" Again, I stretch my shirt, showing my bare neck to the crowd. Harmony's eyes go wide when there is no necklace chained around my neck. "I don't normally wear necklaces, right, Brandon?"

"You've never really been a jewelry person and I would know that." Brandon joins in, looking at the crowd with his swooning smirk.

"Would you like to check for any other pieces of jewelry, Harmony?" I raise my bare wrist and flip them around. I point to my clearly not pierced panther ears. To satisfy any other suspicions, I even fold my pant legs up to prove I don't even have an anklet on. The only things on me right now are my clothes. I don't even have a bag with me. "Is this the part where I strip so you can do a full investigation?" The students who chose to pay attention burst out laughing. I have successfully humiliated Harmony in front of the whole student body. Her face is red with embarrassment and her mouth is agape.

Harmony gets in my face, and her strong perfume lingers into my nose. "I know the truth, and one day I'll fully expose you."

"Good luck with that." I match her nasty energy. My glowing cat eyes reflect through her own and she's the first to step away. She huffs and stomps out of the gym. I have a feeling I won't have to deal with her any longer.

Brandon interlocks our fingers and pulls me into his chest. His scent eases my tension. "I love how easily you stand up to her." He places a soft kiss on my hair as I giggle.

"Rei!"

We quickly pull away at the sound of my name. My group of friends are rushing over to me. Melody, Axel, Paris, Dante, and Jeremy approach with enormous smiles. Seeing their faces makes my smile grow even wider. They all engulf Brandon and me into one big group hug.

"What was that all about?" Dante questions. Dante looks more happy than I have ever seen him before.

"Another one of Harmony's schemes to try to get rid of Rei. She's making claims that aren't true. Like always." Brandon says for me.

The group doesn't bother to stick to that topic any longer. Instead, they push all these questions at me about everything. How am I? What all happened? Is my family okay? All of which I respond with the story Melody made up.

Axel, who knows the truth, doesn't mention a thing, but he gives me a soft smile. An expression I'd take as a welcome back. I'm so happy to be back and I think they all are too. In fact, they might be even happier.

"Come on! Let's celebrate a glorious victory and the return of our lovely Rei!" Melody squeals. She drags Axel by the wrist to the crowd of dancing students and ensures we all follow.

We dance in our own little group filled with giggles and bright smiles. Brandon wraps his arms around my waist from behind and matches my swaying hips. The best feeling is being in his arms.

I look at Melody, my best friend, with her cheerful expression while she does some awful yet funny dance moves. She's beaming with joy. I could never thank her enough for the lengths she had gone to not only have me here, but to then get me back here permanently. I owe her everything, really. Melody spots me staring at her and laughs, falling into Axel's arms. Then she smiles and her eyes send a message.

Melody was right. That package was sent to me for a reason, even if it was by some weird, impossible accident. It could have ended up at anyone's door yet, it ended up at mine. A struggling, depressed young girl's door. I was at an all-time low, barely living, let alone staying above water. Even though my father and I reconnected, it doesn't change the fact that I was abandoned by my own blood.

Willow's Forest has given me a chance to live. To genuinely be happy. I have friends who care about me and my well being and a demon boyfriend who truly loves me. This is my new family.

Even in a world full of magic and a population of half-human, half-monsters and mythical creatures... I wouldn't trade this opportunity for anything.

THE END