Chapter 32

I don't move only because I know it is just in my head. Over and over again, I have thought about the times someone would come back to get me. I turn around like it is nothing expecting to see nothing, but there they are, standing in my apartment. I blink because this can't be real. It shouldn't be possible. Have I come to hallucinating as a new coping mechanism?

"Are you really here or am I totally losing it?" I state, staring at them, trying to find any way to debunk this. I count all five fingers on my hand as if that will help. They're all there.

They shake their heads. "No Rei. I'm here, but we don't have much time."

I smile so wide my cheeks begin to hurt. I haven't smiled like this in days. A genuine smile. I cross my room to them and pull them into a hug. Their skin is as cold as an ice cube. It shocks me.

"You have no idea how much I have missed you, Melody." I mumble into her shoulder. The feeling of her skin underneath my palms is all I need. She is here. This is real. "But what are you doing here? How are you here?"

Melody smiles, "I know you probably have a lot of questions, but I need you to do something, okay?" She is straight to the point, which is no surprise. "First, do you want to come back to Willow's Forest?"

The question sends shivers down my back. Going back? "Absolutely." I don't hesitate to respond. I've been thinking of this day since I came back to this shit-hole we call earth. After being back, nothing has got any better, so given the chance to go back, I will one hundred percent take it.

"Do you remember that spell we wanted to cast?" Melody asks me. She hasn't moved from her spot, which I find odd. Should I ask her to take a seat? That would be polite, wouldn't it? But Melody looks eager to get this information out to me.

"Yeah, I do."

"I've found the rest of the ingredients, but there is somewhere you need to go. There is a town south of here. Wessinvale. Find the abandoned nightclub. In there, you will find a fae named Iira. She will help you. Just tell her Selen sent you. She will know what to do from there."

I force the information to be glued into my brain. Wessinvale. Nightclub. Iira. Selen. I think I got it all, but there is only one thing I am not understanding. "Why are you telling me this? Why do I need to go to some town when I can just go back with you?"

"It's not that simple." Melody states scratches underneath her chin. "Just go find Iira. Oh! And bring powdered cinnamon, I guess? If she asks for your name, don't give it to her. Tell her Selen sent you and she'll understand. Plus, pack a bag of whatever you want to bring back. I promise everything will be okay."

Powdered cinnamon? I should have some of that in a cabinet somewhere. Still, I'm not understanding what any of this has to do with me getting back to Willow's Forest. "Okay, I got it, but Melody, I'm still not understanding."

Melody rolls her eyes hard at me and then something odd happens. She twitches and her body looks like a glitch in a video game. "Times up." She states.

"Melody?"

"Trust me, okay?" She gives a small smile, but there is uncertainty behind it.

"Always." I responded. Melody is one of the few people I truly can trust.

"Good. Then wake up." Melody's body is fading before my eyes. She is blending in with the room behind her. The sight is overwhelming.

"What?"

"Wake up!"

My entire body jerks forward, and I find myself laying on my couch. I search around my room for Melody, but no one is in my apartment. A dream? I force myself up and look around, confused. Again, I am in a state of questioning what is real and what is not. The cup of tea I remember filling sits on the table next to me. It is half full but still steams with heat. Something isn't right? Time has barely passed and I never remember laying down to sleep. I was at some point staring out of the sliding door.