"No, I like pancakes." She informed me.

I was freaking out again, and Rudeus stopped me. 'He's not a dangerous Superd! Pancakes don't matter in it, either.' He patted my head.

"But mum told me food is the most important thing." I retorted as I emitted more wind magic. "So I don't beed to eat?"

"No, you need to eat." He sighed and I was confused. "Food is important."

"You're going back on your words." I complained.

"We are talking about pancakes and Superds still, right?" He said confused.

"Were we?" I asked and we had no clue what we were really talking about anymore.

Rudeus sighed as the girl laughed. Rudeus then started to lecture her on fighting back against those bullies while I was checking out her ears.

"You don't mind how I look?" She looked at me since I was so close.

"Her ears wiggled!" I squealed, and she grinned at me nervously. "Demons bar great!"

"I asked my dad, he says I'm not one." She informed us. "My dad is just half-elf."

'I KNEW IT!' Rudeus's mind yelled way to happily.

"But my hair colour is different from my dad's and my mum's." She started to cry and I cried with her.

I breathed in and let out a lot of wind magic to make sure I can hear myself well. "It's not a bad thing!" I reassured her. "I'm deaf!...but no one else bis! We are special, unlike Rude!"

I hugged her as she cried and Rudeus explained how I can hear. 'It sounds like his family situation is complicated. Still, he gets muds thrown at him for just his hair colour? Just the idea almost makes me piss myself.' Rudeus shivered.

I rolled away from him with the girl. "I won't actually!" Rudeus yelled and I discovered a hill...then a river.

We got back onto land, and Rudeus was scolding me as he got me dry. I just made myself deaf, and he scolded me in his mind making me whine.

Rudeus then got me to put up my hands telling me to make wind magic again and I saw she was trying to talk to me.

"Why did you help me?" She asked us.

"Weak!" I pointed at her.

"Yeah, our dad asked us to make friends with the weak." Rudeus added.

"But they might leave you out." She said concerned.

"Good! Why would I want to know that?" I asked. "Men in this world are ugh so far."

"Hey." Rudeus spoke up.

"You're a boo." I informed him. I meant boy.

"Anyway, you should play with us. We are friends now." Rudeus grinned at her and she was surprised. "Are you busy with chores or something?"

"No!" She shook her head.

'Lucky. With his looks, girls will be all over him someday.' Rudeus thought then looked at me. '...No boyfriends.'

"Okay." I nodded as I played with her ears. "Your name? That's Rude. I'm Ceral."

Rudeus laughed. "I'm Rudeus and she's Ceres."

"Sylph-" She answered.

"That's a nice name. Like a wind spirit!" Rudeus exclaimed.

She grinned happily from the compliment, and we explored some more. She chased after me every time I ran so she ran the whole time.