69| Ill

~Last week~

~Last week~

I sat in my meeting room, listening to Jakub's shitty proposes. He wants to build a joint Mafia business which I don't agree with. The process is way too difficult and he's inexperienced for the business. He's only starting out, stupid ambitions flood his logical thinking.

"So I heard," Jakub smirked. "You're with the De Luca sister."

What does this cunt want now?

"Correct" I replied.

"She's one fine piece of ass, ain't she?"

Did he....

I'm going to kill him.

"You speak another word about her and I will cut your tongue off" I sternly spoke which completely unfazed him.

"You see, Zaid, you're denying all of my proposes, all my ideas so I'll make a compromise. You leave De Luca alone and I'll leave it at that. And if you don't, I will go after her."

I chuckled at his stupid ass remark, he's obviously too childish to do such a thing.

"I'm not kidding Scar," Jakub said in a serious tone. "I will start a war."

~Now~

"And that's why I was being an asshole. I know it's a bad excuse and I'm so sorry Brie" I explained. Her pained expression was now replaced with fury. I know want I'm doing is wrong...but I can't help it now.

"If you think for one second that I can't protect myself from men and their toxic masculinity, you don't know me" Briella responded.

I've fucked up, haven't I?

"Scar," Briella spoke. "You need to take a break, you're overworking and getting yourself in unnecessary emotions. You're putting it out on everyone else and that's not healthy. I love you Scar, but you need to get your shit together."

She's not wrong.

I've been agreeing on unnecessary missions and meetings. I thought it would've gave me more experience but it's only leading me to dead ends.

I could see that my actions affected Briella, her baggy clothes seemed to be more big, she had huge bags under her eyes and she was extremely pale. I know she has triggers and I still raised my voice at her.

"I know Briella, I'm sorry princess."

Her face held an unrelated expression, she didn't look too...well? All of a sudden, she turned even more pale. Her eyes became droopy, I literally thought she was going to throw up.

"Are you okay Brie?" I asked, clear concern in my voice.

She tried to get up but immediately blacked out, I caught her before she fell. I shouted for Marco, he ran in as fast as he could, followed by Miguel and Beckham.

"What the hell happened!?" Miguel shouted.

"We were talking then she literally turned grey and passed out!" I explained.

Marco looked over to Beck, "did you get her to eat anything?" He calmly asked,

Beckham slowly shook his head no, Marco let out a frustrated sigh, leaving me completely confused.

"What's going on guys?" I asked, what are they not telling me?

"We'll tell you in the hospital, get in separate cars" Marco told us. He picked Briella from my arms, "Scar's going with me, I need to talk to him."

We quickly got to the car and carefully Briella down and drove off. I sat in the back with her, her head was on my leg while I played with her hair. Which I know she loves.

"Look Scar," Marc began. "You and Briella are fighting a lot recently, she won't tell us anything, what the fuck is going on?"

"I'm overworking Marc. I've took too much on my plate, the Polish are on my ass, we've had a few attacks recently and I don't know how to handle it. Our fights are mainly about work and I honestly don't want to keep going on like this" I ranted, letting all of my thoughts out.

"You have to tell us when you have too much on your plate Scar. We can literally sort it out for you. But that doesn't mean you're off the hook, I still want to slit your throat for hurting her."

Got it....

We arrived at the hospital, we rushed into the emergency room, I held Briella in my arms. The doctors immediately took Briella in and kicked us out of the room. Miguel and Beckham ran in, panting.

"Where is she?" Miguel asked,  trying to catch his breath.

"They kicked us out of the room" Marco explained. Miguel and Beckham flopped down onto the chair while Marco paced around the room.

"So can I know what you were going to say?" I asked Marco, stopping him in his tracks. He sat down beside Beckham, cleared his throat and nervously began.

"She hasn't been eating, hasn't been on her phone, won't leave her room. Today was the first day we got her out of bed. And Beckham got her to have a little bit of ice cream, she hasn't ate in four days..."