"Ash. Ash come here." "She doesn't like her my ass," Ashley says. "Lizzie." "Elizabeth." They whispered not too quietly, I lifted my head up to look at them. "Come here." I went to get up so I didn't spoil Nell's plan but her arms tightened around me. "Where are you going, bug?" She mumbled. I looked at my sisters blushing deeply they had goofy smiled on their faces and waved me off backing out of the room. "Nowhere," I say laying my head back down. The door closed and I went to sit up again. "Let's just lay here for a minute." She says. "Are you sure you're not the actress?" I asked teasingly. "I've been pretending to sleep my whole life, I've mastered it." "You really have."

--------

After laying there awhile we got up and got ready. I was ready faster than she was because she called Cassie whilst she was doing her hair and got distracted. She borrowed some of my clothes the leggings looked a little cropped on her due to the small height difference between the two of us up she made it work. 

Whilst she was finishing up I went downstairs to face my sisters, the heat was already rushing to my face. "Hey, Bug." "How are you feeling bug?" "She calls everyone bug," I tell them simply. "Are you coming to help?" I asked them. "With?" "My brother screwed up and wrecked the coffee shop in malibu so Lizzie and I are going to clean." "We can help." "Good. Jr I just checked the cameras and the place is awful." She says showing me her phone. "Wow." "Yeah." She looked almost ashamed. "And I call everyone bug." She shoots at them. "Yeah, yeah." MK wrapped her arm around her waist and they went off somewhere to catch up. 

"She held you tighter." Ash pointed out. "She did. I was keeping her warm." "We're in LA." "She was comfortable." "With your entire body laid on top of her?" "Just drop it." I couldn't tell them she was lying so she didn't have to get up. We eventually left. MK drove me and Nell sat in the back and she was texting on her phone rapidly. When we arrived at the coffee shop her brothers were there, both of them. Instinctively I held her wrist which she moved to hold my hand and stepped in front of me. 

"I told you to keep him the hell away from me." "He wanted to apologise." The Twins were confused. From the outside, the hastings had a perfect family. Parents happily married, four children all doing well for themselves. "Eleanor please." Tony tried and stepped forward so she stepped back. "Don't be like this." "We have a guest, take him home." She told her brother firmly. Anyone would think she was the older sister. "Nelly bear." He reached for her wrist. "Don't touch me." She said calmly and he let go of her looking hurt. She never let go of my hand. "Hi, Lizzie." "Don't." She warned him blocking his view of me. "Leave now." "Where do you want me to take him?" "Whatever rock he found himself under." She said before moving me in front of her and ushering me inside she waited for my sisters to get in before she came in. 

"You okay?" I asked her. "Yeah, I'm okay. Now let's get started.

They would have to close for a few days, he'd thrown coffee on the white walls and it's stained and all the china had been smashed a few tables broken. We begin cleaning all of us getting stuck in. This was a big deal for Nell to let us help her, she does things on her own I appreciate the steps she was taking to let me in.

"Woah what happened to your back?" MK said grabbing everyone's attention. She had taken her hoodie off and was in a little crop revealing her bruises that were very much developed by now. "Oh, surfing accident. Probably shouldn't have gone when I was tired." She shrugged it off. "Clumsy." MK teased and they continued to do what they were doing. "He did that didn't he?" "What?" "He did that to her." I frowned. "The way she was protecting you out there he was the threat towards you. You had been through something similar she didn't want you to get hurt again and now the bruise." "Yes. But just drop it." Ash nodded and looked at her with pity. "Quit it." 

I went into the kitchen and there had been a fire of some sort burning in here it stank. "Nell," I called to her and she came threw casually and then turned her nose up. I was looking for what had been set on fire. "I'm going to kill him!" She says holding a burnt piece of paper. I looked over her shoulder. "What is it?" "Dad's picture. So fucking disrespectful." She says still looking at the unfamiliar photo. You couldn't tell what it was from looking at it unless you knew what it was before. I didn't know what to say. "Maybe we should take a break," I say. "Cassie's coming over." She says throwing the photo in the bin and starting clean practically the same second. "Okay, but she's not going to want to see you overworked and upset." "She doesn't care." "You're her sister. Of course, she cares." "I'll pull it together." "Nell, no one wants you to pretend to be okay." "I have no choice." "Yes, you do. Remember the year of selfishness." "I can't do that." "Nell." "I can't do that okay."