Part XV: United

Observer: "That was quite impressive, Azur Lane, Red Axis, and USS Manifest Destiny. You win for now."

Purifier was handicapped as a mere head, reduced to her current state after her play session with Enterprise and US Navy Super Hornets backfired on her.

Purifier: "Hah! Sore loser!"
Observer: "..."

Observer wasn't gonna mouth that and spun Purifier's head instead.

Tester: "Did you really expect the Manifest Destiny to beat the Oorochi?"
Observer: "Surpassing expectations is something we must welcome. After all, it is one impressive warship."

She looks as the Manifest Destiny's crew cheered and hollered in victory. The deck was filled with bullet casings and spent shells.

Observer: "Humans have a future... for now."

The day begins to enter its sunset phase as the shipgirls and the international fleet celebrate the victory. Coolers of beverages were on deck.

Jackson and fellow mates stood beside the smoking C turret as the setting sun gave the dull gray haze paint its soft orange tint.

Jackson: "May this battleship live out its days in the Navy with a purpose!"
Samuel: "Hell yeah!"
Crewmate 5: "Yes sir!"

They clinked their Heineken 0-alcohol beer bottles as they drank up. The Oorochi burned and slowly sank in front of them, chunks and pieces of the ship floating in the water. The insides were still molten and gutted from the high explosive and armor-piercing shells.

The CNO and Dr. ██████ were standing on the flight deck as they observed the sinking Oorochi and victorious Manifest Destiny.

Dr. ██████: "That's one hell of a fight it gave. Maybe the battleship does have its place in the modern world."
CNO: "What a proving ground. Instead of fake targets, the USS Manifest Destiny fights a whole war and sinks a ship equivalent of its size."

The GRF Captain and XO walked up and stood beside the CNO, also gazing at the scene of glory.

GRF Captain: "What now?"
CNO: "Jackson and the Manifest Destiny deserve something more than a return home..."

As the sun sinks on the horizon, the combined Azur Lane and future fleet leave as the Oorochi finally slips beneath the waves, never to threaten again. The Manifest Destiny moves out and files out. The X turret still smoldered with smoke, but the titan was still battle-worthy as it is. As they transited the nightly ocean, the girls gradually parted ways back to their respective base camps.

The Manifest Destiny and Enterprise lead the way, side-by-side. Two stranger forces, one common cause.

...

1000 HOURS
AZUR LANE BASE
HARBOR

The international fleet was anchored outside the harbor, destroyers slowly bobbing in the pristine blue waters of Azur Lane. The Gerald R. Ford sat close to the entrance, the deck clear and empty.

The Manifest Destiny was moored at its original berthing pier, the American flag waving proud and high. The X turret was no more than a charred hulk, the turret a mere black husk of melted metal. Though, it only cemented the impression of the battleship's immense endurance and durability.

Shipgirls were crowding themselves around, for they were about to witness a spectacle of US Navy military tradition.

Officers and crew of the Manifest Destiny all were lined in a combined brigade.

Hornet: "They're all looking sharp."
Vestal: "What's the meaning of this?"

Belfast smiled in cheerfulness. She knew what it was as she watched the CNO.