Epilogue

It was a quiet morning at home world...

The early morning sun shone on the Hawaiians as civilians began a quiet Sunday.

There were people at the beach, relaxing under the Hawaiian mid-morning sun. Other people were walking the sandy shores as the blue ocean Pacific lapped the sand.

Then, there was a quiet echo. Civilians didn't recognize it at first and they took little attention to the quiet deep-pitched echo, thinking it was a US Navy jet.

Far and approaching, a Delta Airlines Boeing 757-300 was in the air and making its way to the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport.

Delta Pilot: "Man, it sucks for those guys in Afghanistan. At least the government managed to pull a cease-fire."
Delta Co-Pilot: "Yeah. It's another Vietnam down there."
Delta Pilot: "Waste some time once we get on the ground." *Chuckles*
Delta Co-Pilot: "Oh? You wanna get something to eat? Yeah, I'm getting hungry too."
Delta Pilot: "Want to try some of the local food there while we're at it."

The Delta Boeing traveled across the cloudless sky as it approached Hawaii, but then, something catches the eyes of the pilot and co-pilot.

Delta Co-Pilot: "Hey... uh... you see that?"
Delta Pilot: "What?"

He moved his head to see around the window frames.

Delta Pilot: "Where are you pointing at?"
Delta Co-Pilot: "That thing?"

He pointed to the right of the plane's path of travel.

Delta Pilot: "Wait, isn't that..."
Delta Co-Pilot: "My god that thing is huge..."

It was giant. It was the unyielding. It was the steel beast that had taken the media by storm.

It was the one and only...

Delta Pilot: "I don't believe it!"

Towards the passenger-holding sections of the plane, the PA rings.

Delta Pilot (PA): "Passengers! If you look on the right side..."

The entire plane banks to expose a view of the...

Delta Pilot (PA): "You are witnessing the return of the USS Manifest Destiny!"

Passengers at those two words scrambled to get a view of the Steel Titan.

The Delta Airlines plane flies and crosses the path of the Manifest Destiny. The first thing they saw was the destroyed X turret, blackened and charred. Their eyes soaked in the glory of the battleship as it made its way towards Hawaii.

Delta Pilot: "This is Delta Flight ███, the USS Manifest Destiny is returning!"

Pilots on the frequency heard the call of the battleship's approach to Pearl Harbor.

United Pilot (coms): "You serious??"
Delta Pilot: "We're seeing this giant with our own eyes right now!"

The word spreads faster than wildfire as it reaches the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport ATC, then the word spreads throughout the airport, then it leaks out and floods across the Hawaiians.

Civilians on the beach were unaware at first as a radio sitting under a beach umbrella was tuned to a news channel.

Weather Reporter (radio): "...high of 87 degrees, clear skies for the whole day and into the night with a low of 71-"

He was suddenly interrupted by radio static, and the voice was changed as breaking news was broadcasted.

Male Reporter (radio): "Breaking news: the United States Navy's missing battleship has been finally found, approaching Pearl Harbor, Hawaii!"