Part IV: Discipline

Missiles exploded all around. As the tide of the battle turns, the Manifest Destiny blows smoke from its barrels as they ceased fire once again.

Shokaku: "Zuikaku!"

RIM-162 ESSMs missed her and destroyed other planes in the sky.

Shokaku lands and kneels to Zuikaku's level.

Shokaku: "Are you hurt??"
Zuikaku: "First a battleship, now a maid?! What kind of joke is this!?"
Prinz Eugen: "I can assure you that she is not a joke. It is Belfast of the Edinburgh-class light cruisers of the Royal Navy. Do not be fooled by her looks..."
Belfast: "Thank you Prinz Eugen of the Iron Blood. A pleasure to cross paths, but unexpected."
Prinz Eugen: "Neither did I. I'd be nice to settle grudges, ja?"
Belfast: "I make no objections..."

From two directions, giants approach.

On one side, Royal Navy ships sail forward to assist.

On the other side, the Manifest Destiny closes in and looms over the tiny shipgirls. The main armaments elevated down and aimed. The range finder lasers on the main batteries turned on and they aimed at Zuikaku and Prinz Eugen.

Prinz Eugen: "This battleship..."

Her face changed and expressed fear and concern.

Belfast: "And I heard about the battleship of the future, it is indeed a menacing sight..."

She turns.

Belfast: "Now, what's your decision now that we outgun you?"
Prinz Eugen: "I-I suppose we quit while we still can."

The Manifest Destiny gave the armaments look of 'now'.

Prinz Eugen turned and quickly withdrew.

Z23: "What did I say!? Now I want an apology from every one of you!"

And everyone ignored her.

Laffey: "Cool battleship -w-" *Yawn*
Javelin: "..."

Z23, beyond frustrated, walked away angrily. Ayanami was to follow when...

Laffey: "Bye bye Ayanami." *Waving*
Ayanami: "..."

She quickly withdrew.

Prinz Eugen: "Auf Wiedersehen, Azur Lane..."

The enemy withdrew from the area slowly.

Jackson: "Stand down, it seems we scared them off."
Alisa: "Scaring them with our big guns? I'll do that any day."
Samuel: "All weapons, stand down."
Artillery Officer 1 (phone): "Affirmative."
Jackson: "Now, steer this ship back to base."
Helmsman: "10-4. RTB."

...

The next day rolls along...

Morning arrives. The largest spot was taken up by the Manifest Destiny. Even the pier the ship sat beside only stretched for half the length of the battleship. The sheer size of the ship made it stick out from all the rest of the ships.

Jackson: "Raise the colors."

Now the ship was back in port, the flag was being raised back up as for standard procedure of colors.

The American flag was attached and Amy hoisted up the flag to full mast.

Jackson: "Now then..."

He went back inside the bridge and dialed for the ship PA system.

"Attention all sailors. You may have noticed that we are now at port and idle at the moment. With the ongoing situation, it is my personal belief that everyone on this ship should be given the liberty to disembark and walk around or do whatever as long as it is appropriate to Navy standards."