Part V: Sleeping Giant

Morning arrives, and the morning sun begins to shine across the waters of the alien alternate reality world.

0800 HOURS SST

Far away from the Manifest Destiny's fearsome presence, it was the camp of Sakura Empire. Cherry blossoms steadily fell from their trees.

Fortunately, Akagi, Kaga, and Ayanami returned with little hassle, but the American battleship still floated in their heads.

Kako: "Welcome back!"
Kaga: "Has anything of note occurred while we were away?"
Kako: "No, but Nagato would like to discuss matters with you.
Akagi: "Ah, I'll report to her, then."

Furutaka: "Welcome back, Ayanami. Are you ok?"
Ayanami: "Yes, lucky enough for me."

Then, Ayanami's friends appeared out of nowhere.

Shigure: "She's back! Yay!"

All three of them huddled together around Ayanami.

Yuudachi: "How many boats did you sink!?"
Ayanami: "Well... u-ummmm-"
Shigure: "Wait! It's only appropriate to listen to our stories over some tea."
Yuudachi: "YAY!"

Yuudachi pounced and hugged Ayanami in excitement. Prinz Eugen was much amused by what was happening.

Z23: "They're very childish... and they wouldn't even survive that battleship's wrath."
Prinz Eugen: "I find it very charming." *Giggles*

Souryuu and Hiryuu went elsewhere to greet Zuikaku and Shokaku.

Shokaku: "We returned safely." *Bows*
Souryuu: "Excellent work. Glad you could return in one piece."
Shokaku: "Oh, you wouldn't believe it!"

She grabs Souryuu's hands.

Shokaku: "You wouldn't believe how harsh our elders were. And such a rude ship was there too! You cannot believe how brutal and barbaric it was!"

Hiryuu noticed Zuikaku's face of disappointment.

Hiryuu: "What's wrong, Zuikaku?"

Shokaku and Souryuu then looked at Zuikaku in question.

Zuikaku: "Huh? Oh, everything is fine."

She had flashbacks. Enterprise and glimpses of the Manifest Destiny and turns around in frustration towards the endless horizon.

Zuikaku: "I'll get you next time!"

...

Morning was rolling along quietly for both the base and Manifest Destiny. For the battleship itself, it was silently sleeping. For the crew, it was another day of peace away from home world.

On the pier, sailors were wearing yellow shirts and navy blue shorts.

It was a Physical Training session.

Samuel: "Alright guys and gals, let's do some good ol' PT, yeah?"

"Oorah!"

Samuel: "That's what I want to HEAR! Mile run! Through the base and through the harbor! Let's do this!"

They began jogging, and their steps were closely synchronized with each other as they ran in a block.

They passed the dormitories. One window had its curtains being pulled, which was Belfast.

She curiously peeked through the window and saw the block of sailors jogging in sync. At the same time, Enterprise woke up from the light of the morning sun.