Part XI: Worlds Collide

HOME WORLD

1330 HOURS PST

SCP FOUNDATION RESTRICTED WATERS

A fleet of diverse and large proportions was formed. Ships from the United States, Royal British Navy, JMSDF, German Navy, and Russian Federation were pulled for the international operation that was about to begin.

The USS Kidd (DDG-100) and USS Dewey (DDG-105) from the United States; Arleigh Burke-class Flight II destroyers, the former being equipped with a much deadlier gun...

The HMS Diamond (D34) and HMS Daring (D32) from the British Royal Navy; Type 45-class anti-air destroyers.

FGS Hamburg (F220) and FGS Hessen (F221) from the German Navy; Brandenburg-class frigates.

JS Kaga (DDH-184), Izumo-class helicopter destroyer, and JS Atago (DDG-177), Atago-class guided missile destroyer; Japanese Maritime Self-defense.

And finally, the RFS Moskva and RFS Marshal Ustinov from the Russian Federation Navy; Slava-class cruisers.

At the center of the fleet was the USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-73). In front of the carrier was the Type 001 ship: SCPS Venturer (LKA-N-1). Several Expedition-class combat support ships and Fijeron-class cruisers made up the outer layers of the fleet.

Onboard the Gerald R. Ford, the CNO walks into the bridge with Dr. ██████ as they awaited the operation start.

GRF Captain: "Bridge, attention!"

All officers and crewmen inside the bridge stopped what they were doing and went to attention.

GRF Captain: "Please be aware of special guests onboard this carrier. Our Admiral and high-profile SCP Researcher will be here to overlook today's operation start. Carry on."

The CNO and Dr. ██████ went over and observed the ongoing activity throughout the fleet. They steadily cruised at 5 knots as they awaited the start signal.

The GRF Captain walks over and stands beside them.

GRF Captain: "Pleasure having you here, Admiral and Doctor."
CNO: "Aye captain. We're about to become and witness a historic breakthrough to save our men and women trapped in an unknown world."
Dr. ██████: "If it works, then it's set in stone in history. We cannot hide the scale of this operation once word gets out."
CNO: "So, what's in it for the operation, doctor?"
Dr. ██████: "The personnel onboard the 001 carrier are making final tunings and adjustments for the insertion of SCP-9788-A. This will happen in 30 minutes."
GRF Captain: "How will it go once we do get there?"
CNO: "We will attempt to hail the USS Manifest Destiny via radio or at least give signs that we're here waiting for the extraction. All radar systems and radio will be purposefully active to create as much emissions as possible for them to detect."
Dr. ██████: "The fleet will split into their respective national flotilla formations. We will spread out while the USS Gerald Ford provides AWACS communication links between the fleets."
GRF Captain: "What about... the uncertainty factor?"
CNO: "Good question..."
Dr. ██████: "The uncertainty factor is slightly out of the question."

He fixed his glasses and pushes them up.

Dr. ██████: "After reviewing the footage taken by SCP-9683, we believe that the USS Manifest Destiny is holding on just fine, if not making its mark on history there."
CNO: "What...?"

The CNO looked at Dr. ██████ in shock and confusion.

CNO: "They're really interfering with the matters inside that world?"
Dr. ██████: "We believe they had no choice. When SCP-9683 said 'hellhole', she means it quite clearly."
CNO: "Please elaborate."