Ch. 6: THE GAME!

Nico was on a team with the Iris cabin, the Ares cabin (surprisingly Clarise volunteered to be on a team with Nico) and the Demeter cabin (no offence to them but they won't be much help). " ok" butch said. " Clarise you and half the Ares cabin go to the left side of the forest. the other half silently surround the other team's flag." as soon as he said it, the Ares kids were off. " Ok. Demeter kids you...........go up in the trees and... uhm... make the roots grow to slow down the other team." "Ok!" he looked at Nico and told him to go guard the flag. then he turned and said, " Iris cabin, follow me!"

guard the flag. easy. the problem was that Will is on the other team. he could shoot a bow. that was a problem. that meant that he could hide in the trees and shoot arrows to distract him so the rest of the team could get the flag. he was looking around to see his advantages, when he recognized where he was. he was at the lake that Percy had won his first game of capture the flag (and was claimed by his dad, Poseidon, and he became one of the most famous demigods ever.) it must be nice to be respected as much as he is, Nico thought.

then he heard something. quickly, he hid in the shadows.......oh. now he knew why Butch put him at the flag. for no reason at all, Clarise had come to see if the flag was still there, which it was. Nico came out of the shadows, " Clarise! what are you doing? aren't you supposed to be with the other Ares kids?!" she rolled her eyes and sighed. "Calm down "'Ghostie"' I was just checking to make sure you weren't hurt." Nico raised an eyebrow, "really? so you do care." she blasted him a dirty look. " Ok, so I didn't come to see if you were ok. it's just that.... nothing is happening! the forest is quiet, except for the flower children." "You mean the Demeter kids? and if there is nothing happening, why don't you just take the flag?" he asked keeping the flag in his sight. "I.....I don't...." she stammered. she thought for a moment then she came up with an excuse, so she didn't have to be wrong, "because it might be a trap." "you're Ares kids! you are traps' biggest nightmare!" "Well, I don't know death boy! ---" then she stopped. everybody knew very well that Nico did not like to be called "death boy"

Nico told her to go back to her cabin mates. he could handle this. reluctantly she went back to the forest, leaving Nico alone. Again.