Ch. 5: nightmares part 2

Will wondered what caused Nico to have a nightmare about his past. he could control his dreams pretty well. maybe it was the stress of the game coming up. the walk in the woods under the stars seemed to have calmed him down, but he still seemed on edge. he decided to call Percy and Annabeth [well, iris call but it's the same thing] to ask them if there was anything he could do.

"Nightmares?" Percy asked concerned, looking at Annabeth. " About his past? are you sure that's a, and I'm quoting, ' it's a dire situation. a life-or-death problem. please help me' problem? demigods have bad dreams all the time Will." he said, looking back at the mirror. " Yes, I know. but he can usually control them, and he's being distant. I think he's avoiding me. OH Gods! HE IS AVOIDING ME! what did I DO!?!?" he said panicked. " Will I'm sure you did nothing wrong," Annabeth cut in to stop Percy from making the situation worse. " You just need to give him time. some dreams can mess with your head and be hurtful." 

Will sat in the infirmary for a while. he felt like helping people get better was the only thing he was good at. he couldn't sense the spirit of Delphi, he wasn't very good with a bow and arow, he could play the ukulele, but he never tried singing. the only way you could tell him apart from a Hermes kid, was the fact that he glowed in the dark. cute, right? still, he thought that if he sat in the infirmary then some kid might break their arm and then they would ask him to fix it. Gods Will! he thought, that is a horrible thought!

finally, Nico came up to him and explained his dreams. Will was heartbroken when he heard about his mother, Maria, and how she was killed by Zeus. then he thought about his dream about Octavian.  that kid was seriously messed up in the head. but the way he died was just.... sad. and according to Rayna, 'a terrible way to die as a roman' she had said. dam. " Nico, I'm glad you told me. i thought you were avoiding me because of something i did." Nico looked at him puzzled. "Avoiding you? no, I wasn't avoiding you. I was just trying to clear my head. so, I decided to help Clarise clean the weapons for the game this afternoon." " oh..." will said "..................soooo you don't hate me?" Nico looked at him and burst out laughing. "No, you punk!" " did you just call me 'punk'?" he turned and smiled. " Nico you're such an old man!" then he kissed Nico on the cheek and hugged him. " And I love you for that."

Authers note: in the fourth line in the fourth paragraph the part where i said 'dam' is a running joke. it started in Percy Jackson and the Olympians in the third book, the titan's curse. Zoe Nightshade was a huntress of Artemis [ may Zoe rest in peace] and they went to the hoover dam. she says, ' let us find the dam snack bar' and Thalia and Percy make fun of her [ in a good way] saying ' I could use the dam bathroom' and 'I want to buy a dam t-shirt' and stuff like that. is has been and forever will be a running joke in the Percy Jackson Francise to honor Zoe nightshade as the bravest person Percy has ever met. also, the reason why Will called Nico an old man is cause Nico and Bianca were born in the 1930's, and when their mother died hades put them in the lotus's hotel [ a time warping hotel that heroes were put in to get rid of them. because one hour is actually about 5 days] and erased their memory's.