Chapter 29 (Valentine's Special)

Start from the beginning

Childish he would say, but knowing how much the people of this world is. He ignored her, but decided to greet her as well.

Vergil: I see you're still wishing on a well of fraud. Other than the fact that it's free money to whoever owns the fountain, which is Deonora. It is rather childish of you.

That startled Wilmarina from her wish. To which she dropped the copper coin she held in her palms.

Wilmarina: T-Teacher! Apologies for seeing me in such an embarrassing sight. I know that it is childish.

Vergil cut her off.

Vergil: No need to apologize, I can tell it is merely a custom for such a day, rather. Multiple days.

As it turns out, Valentine's Day lasted for about three days. Surprise surprise, it was through his actions that cause such a change. Hell, Griffon wouldn't give it up after knowing why it happened.

As it turns out, it only took three days for the Goddess of Love to immediately fall for Vergil. Which is surprisingly long, as the Goddess herself immediately falls for the rest she finds interesting. Vergil however, made sure she took three days of preparation to make herself look presentable, lovely, and modest. But her plans were quickly shot down when Vergil, denied her courtship. But the change has been done, thus her followers has spread the word.

The Goddess took another three days to accept the fact that Vergil, will not have her hand. Unless it has power of course.

But that didn't stop the others from trying their chances.

Wilmarina: I still couldn't believe you rejected the Goddess of Love herself.

Vergil: And risk diving into a relationship full of regrets? I'd rather know the person deep enough to give them a chance.

Apparently, Vergil is the type of person to take a budding relationship through the wringer. As his tests can and will cause wounds, to both the body and heart.

Plus, he'd rather not follow his Brother's way with women, as he mostly leaves them wanting for more after a night's unhinged desires. Vergil only has two options. Yes and No.

He silently cursed the night he decided to try alcohol. Thus, Nero was born.

Vergil: I hope this three day break, wouldn't make you lazy. I'd be disappointed if you did.

As Vergil turned to leave, he felt Wilmarina place her hand on his arm to stop him. A deep blush on her face, fully displayed to the world.

Vergil mentally sighed, as he silently contemplated whether he should just break free of her grasp, or to listen to her.

Wilmarina: So if you know the person well enough, you are willing to give them a chance?

He raised a brow.

Vergil: Yes.

Wilmarina didn't immediately reply, but has reached into her pocket hidden inside her skirt and pulled out a folded sheet of paper, light blue in color, and a blue ribbon tied around it.

She didn't say anything, only she handed it rather forcefully and hastily escaped Vergil's gaze.

Vergil: I should make Griffon shut V up.

Deciding to read it, he couldn't help but be impressed. But then again, as a daughter of a Noble, it is a given she was given lessons in poetry.

Vergil: Expected, but impressive.

While indeed Druella too is of royalty, her work was elementary at best. Mostly because it was filled with innuendos.

Vergil sighed. Fully embracing the path he's currently walking on.