Chapter 23

3rd Pov

Vergil: An exercise? Do explain as to why should I participate in this "Exercise".

Vergil held himself from sighing. This is the second day of his visit to Dragonia, and of all things to say in the morning, is that he should participate in a trust building exercise.

Lilith: Well. First of all, don't you think it's rude to not spend time with everyone? Second, this is a good opportunity for you to get to know them better, and third. To have fun.

He resisted to massage his forehead from the headache he's recieving from the woman who just came back from doing another "Mana Transfer" from her husband.

Vergil: What a pain.

But before he could continue his sentence. He was cut off by Topaz tugging his sleeve. The Lamia child giving him the puppy dog eyes as she pestered Vergil to come along with her to visit more of the various shops of Dragonia.

Lilith: This is also a good opportunity! Now go on, you don't want to disappoint the child don't you?

Vergil frowned, but only sighed and nodded at Topaz, who immediately brightened and dragged him out of the Castle.

Lilith smiled, seeing how Vergil looked like he didn't want to be dragged around by a child.

With the two now outside, they were greeted by multiple Mamonos, both married and single. Though the single ones are definitely trying to look more appealing to Vergil, which he, with the power of multiple Max level Chads. Only greeted with a nod and promptly ignored them all.

And it only added more to the Mamonos' "must have" bucket list. But then again, he wouldn't care less if they tried to anyway, it's not like they could stop him from just walking away.

Vergil: So Topaz, what has caught your interest?

Topaz: Uhm... I wish to taste their... Uhm. Delicacies?

Vergil couldn't help but smile at Topaz's attempt at trying to sound similar to him.

Vergil: I see, very well. If thou wish to indulge in sweets, I am happy to provide.

Topaz smiled brightly at him. Of course, if his brother finds out about his lapse in character, he would have to stab him in the eye twice.

The two then went on a shopping spree, of course. Thanks to Vergil's own Demonic Energy protecting Topaz, due to constant exposure. Even the strongest form of Demon Lord Demonic Energy wouldn't be able to corrupt the person under such protection. Though Vergil is aware o this, thanks to constant monitoring, he could reabsorb said Demonic Energy if one wishes to be a Mamono or an Incubus.

Of course, those that are nearby these unlikely duo. Would think that they are Father and Daughter, which is no farther from the truth. But to which Vergil still wouldn't admit his Fatherly attitude towards Topaz. After all, he wish to improve himself so that when the day he would meet his son again, he would be a better Father figure.

As the duo is finished with their little sweet crusade, both decided it was a good time to stop. And so, they returned, only to be stopped by Meera, who looked like she's been abandoned.

Meera: Alpha!

She leapt at him, which is a bad move. As soon as she was near Vergil, he promptly raised his hand and stopped her momentum. By grabbing her head.

Vergil: Meera, as I have said before.

Meera didn't even struggle, she only let herself hang on with Vergil's grip on her forehead.