Chapter 12

Vergil Pov

I ignored the starry eyed stares of the children as they gazed upon my face. Even Meera and Topaz has an awed stare at myself.

Vergil: Is something on my face?

Sasha blushed and looked flustered.

Sasha: ah! No! It's just. You look very handsome Si- Vergil.

The children nodded except for Fotia, who only glared at me again.

Vergil: Thank you, I suppose. However, you must all keep my face a secret. As much as you all would like to share, I'd like my privacy, thank you.

They all nodded, and they returned to their daily activities. To which Sasha has to return back to Lescatie.

Sasha: I apologize for burdening you with a task such as this, they are good children but they can get too rough.

Vergil: it's fine, having a roof over our head is a satisfactory reward. Nonetheless, if matters arise, I'll quickly alert you.

She smiled and waved us goodbye.

Vergil: Now then, since it is still quite early for bed, why don't you get to know the others Topaz.

She nodded hesitantly, but it all disappeared when Mio practically dragged her into the others to play. I went up the stairs and found a room that wasn't filled with multiple beds.

I sat down on the floor in a Seiza position, to which I then laid Yamato on my lap, unsheathed it, and summoned a cleaning kit from my pocket dimension.

It may be a Demonic weapon that cleans itself, but having to do it in a traditional way is, therapeutic in a way.

The door behind me opened, and Meera entered.

Meera: Alpha, can I-

I cut her off, shushing her and motioned her to sit down, as I am still busy cleaning Yamato.

Vergil: Calm yourself Meera, I know what you came here for and I must decline. The future holds many unpredictable scenarios and I must have everyone be focused and not distracted.

She whimpered. But she didn't say anything, except watched me as I finished cleaning Yamato.

Vergil: But since I cannot grant you your wish, how about a compromise?

She tilted her head to the side, confused and stared at me wondering what I could be offering.

I placed Yamato to my side and patted my thighs, motioning Meera to lay her head on them.

Meera: Alpha, what are you-

Vergil: Hush, now turn to the side and relax.

Still confused, she followed my instruction and faced the wall away from me. I then summoned a Mimikaki, a Japanese ear cleaning tool that I was forced to enjoy and learn. I was reluctant when the wife of my teacher from Japan offered me to clean my ears, but I didn't regret accepting said offer. As awkward as it was, I found myself enjoying the sensation.

Vergil: Now I want you to close your eyes and rest, then let me do the rest.

Meera's was hesitant but relaxed, allowing me to finally do what I am about to do.

I inserted the scooped end of the Mimikaki to her wolf ears and gently scraped away the wax and grime that accumulated over her years. She twitched and her breathing became laboured, the tips of her ears are slightly red, and a blush crept onto her face.

Vergil: Now face me.

She followed and faced my stomach. I then repeated the process, and soon enough, I have finished. Meera however had fallen asleep and is gently breathing. I suppose this should help her calm herself, and I found this very therapeutic as well.