Chapter 20

Vergil Pov

I pinched the bridge of my nose as the shell-shocked faces of my... Friends. Many of them have their mouths open while some just denied the fact that The Demon Lord herself just knelt and begged for my aid.

Vergil: Hm, to see the Demon Lord herself kneel before me is quite an experience. But, I'm still not convinced why should I help you.

Lilith: Please Vergil, not just my people are in danger but the humans as well. It breaks my heart to see both species suffer from these invasive creatures.

I rested a hand on my chin, contemplating whether to help them or not.

Vergil: Then allow me to ask you a question.

Lilith: What is it.

Vergil: Why go so far to have peace between species?

Lilith hesitated, but she stood up and stared directly to my eyes. Each orbs filled with determination and confidence.

Lilith: Because I want this cycle of senseless killing and bloodshed ended. The Chief God merely created monster kind to be seen as mindless creatures that only kill. But I have changed that, Mamono now are much more civilized, although there is some who still stuck with their tradition.

I huffed.

Vergil: I see, so you wanted to defy the Chief God's will. To fight against your destiny to be killed by the Hero predetermined and planned by said God.

She stood still, signalling me that I found her true reason.

Vergil: I must admit, that is something I can admire. Taking your destiny and breaking it, while creating your own path. How admirable. Let me tell you something, while I am sure you already know who and where I came from. I assure you, I'll be gone as soon as whoever is restricting my ability to travel through dimensions.

The revelation surprised everyone even more, while Lilith herself nodded.

Lilith: Indeed, it was quite obvious with how these "Demons" as you call them feels different from the Demons of my world. And there's also the fact that you yourself doesn't feel natural at all.

I hummed. She's very sharp, no wonder where Druella got her sharp senses. But all in the wrong places.

Vergil: Indeed, but back on what I was saying before. Back in my world, there is no predetermined path for Humans, they choose where they go by the choices they make themselves. After being gifted of Free Will, they can be whoever they want and do whatever they want. But for now.

I turned away from them and walked back to the village.

Vergil: Do come along, standing outside while it is about to rain is something I'd love to avoid.

True enough, the clouds above are starting to darken. Lilith and her Daughter followed suit, while the others stuck closely to me. Though I can see them give Druella their own death glares. Women.

Once we were inside, I asked Siel if we could use the Town Hall for negotiations, to which she begrudgingly accepted.

Vergil: Now then, let's say if I were to help, what do I expect in return?

Lilith was about to say something but stopped, she slowly glanced towards her daughter which I sneered at making her flinched and scoot closer to her mother.

Lilith: I suppose I can help you find whoever is restraining your ability. That and connections.

I nodded.

Vergil: A very tempting offer. Very well, but for me to help, I must do it by my own way. I have no need for soldier nor warrior, they will die quickly considering they don't know how to fight against these Demons.