Chapter 7

Vergil Pov

Morning came, and my hopes of leaving without the She-wolf noticing me is drastically reduced.

I felt my eyes twitch as she rolled to the side, allowing me full view of her face. Snow white skin and hair of equal color, the only different thing about her is her ruby red eyes I saw last night before going to bed.

Her arms and legs are tangled over my own and her head is nuzzled onto my chest.

But before I could struggle to not wake her up as I try to leave, she turned on her side and finally let go of my body.

I moved, quickly and quietly. I decided to leave the tent behind but anything else was quickly packed into my bag.

Banished Werewolves tend to get quickly attached to those who either helped them, or gave them kindness. A mistake on my part. I weaved in between trees and into random directions to try to keep her from sniffing me out. If only there is a river around here, I could loose her by cutting off the trail of my scent.

I unsheathed Yamato and cut the space in front of me. I entered and exited to the road once more. Good thing I decided to camp deep in the forest.

Feeling that this distance should safe, I resumed walking towards the seaside village.

Vergil: Let us wish this doesn't bite back.

Hours later and I can already see the Village border. Towers of stone erect at different advantageous points and a stone wall showing its age through the sheer amount of moss and a few cracks on its surface.

I moved from my spot and slowly approached the gates. A guard has stopped me but let me through after I showed him a seal that Siel had attached on my cloak.

Apparently this seal is a universal seal that I have no qualms against the Mamono. How convenient and troublesome.

Vergil: great... Not only I gain some benefits, I also gain some disadvantages.

I only hope that none of those more... Sexually active Mamono would try and annoy me. Siel and the others are respectful, which I didn't mind.

The sounds of moaning disturbed my train of thought, I turned my head and found a Raiju and her lover, furiously fucking each other like dogs at the entrance of an alleyway.

My brows twitched in irritation but decided to not stare at them any more. Great. Now there's other Mamono staring along with their husbands.

Vergil: I made a mistake of coming here first.

Normally, Raiju's are more common in Zipangu but this one must've come along her husband to live in this port.

Oh well, as long as no other Mamono like her kind interrupt me. I won't bother with them as well.

I made haste and searched for a Tavern or an Inn, hopefully none of those within said establishment.

I entered one, and thankfully none of those Raiju and other Lust-driven Mamono. If I remember correctly, Fumiko told me that there are three sides of this war. The Order, The Extremist Faction, and the Mamono themselves.

I feel disgusted at what this Extremist Faction is doing. Spreading this so called "love" that always ends up being the Man becoming an Incubus, and the women whatever Mamono that reached them first. Both them and The Order are genocidal maniacs.

But I must focus on the task at hand. Lodging.

Vergil: How much for a room?

Reine: Thirty Gold for a room sir!