Chapter 22

3rd Person Pov

Vergil: An invitation? To where exactly am I invited to?

Vergil questioned Lilith, all the while eyeing the letter with a wax seal.

Lilith: The Red Dragon Deonora, otherwise known as the Queen of Dragons. Has personally written you a letter of invitation to Dragonia.

Vergil finally broke the seal and read the letter. Much to his interest, he was invited to a Grand Tournament.

Vergil: A Grand Tournament, interesting. It would seem that she wants me to participate in one of the events. I'm guessing it's the Ratatotskr that spread the news of my prowess, other than you?

Lilith nodded.

Lilith: Well, they do have a network of information built by them. Plus, Deonora only came to me for confirmation.

Vergil folded the letter back and neatly kept it inside one of his pockets.

Vergil: I see, her invitation has peaked my interest. And on the other hand, I too am curious to how strong a Dragon really is.

Vergil then left the room they were occupying and headed straight to a newly built house, where Wilmarina, the kids, and Meera are turning into a new Orphanage.

Vergil: Meera, Topaz.

The two perked up. Meera was helping Sasha with cleaning up, while Topaz was playing with the others. The two dropped what they were doing and came rushing in front of Vergil.

Vergil: Gather what you need. We are invited to Dragonia.

After Vergil mentioned Dragonia, the excitement in their eyes grew something akin to a sparkle. Which to this day, Vergil still cannot understand how it happens.

Meera: Dragonia? Is there trouble?

Vergil shook his head and showed her the letter.

Vergil: Apparently I have been invited to a Tournament. While normally I wouldn't entertain such thought, but after reading about Dragons. My curiosity peaked.

Vergil replied while Meera and Topaz skimmed over the Letter.

Sasha however, frowned slightly but continued to work. Vergil noticed this and sighed.

Vergil: If you want to come, you can.

Sasha flinched and awkwardly scratched her cheek.

Sasha: I mean... If you want me to.

Sasha then gingerly went up to her room, but she suddenly bumped into some furniture making a racket. Which in turn, made the Mamono children that moved to the other room peak their heads in.

Sasha: Ahah... I'll go get ready.

As she went up the stairs, Meera and Topaz followed. Leaving the letter on the table, which was taken by the other children.

Vergil sighed as he pretended not to see Sasha stumble like a maiden. She is a Hero after all.

While he was massaging his temple, he felt a tug on his coat and when he looked down. He saw the children hesitantly showed the letter. Which in turn, only made him sigh more.

Time Skip

Lilith: This is... Unprecedented.

True to her words. Everyone in Vergil's group aka Harem, wanted to join this travel. While the letter didn't specify how many people is allowed to come, Vergil couldn't help but feel irritated from the sheer amount of people wanting to join him.