Chapter 21

3rd Pov

Demonic corpses slowly disintegrated from the sand. Allowing the desert's residents to be at ease as they can no longer feel the threat.

All thanks to a man, whose cold gaze sent shivers from the Mamono's backs and a certain Demon Lord spawn.

Many has been told by their instinct to claim the man, but a quick pulse of local Demonic Energy seemed to freeze them on the spot. The ones close to claiming him all turned to the source and found Druella, glaring at each and every one of them.

Vergil, however. Ignored them, tending to his loyal ally of this world.

Vergil: Are you wounded Meera?

The Wolf Woman shook her head no.

Meera: Nothing too detrimental, Master. Only shallow cuts that will heal quickly, maybe a broken rib or two.

She quickly added.

Vergil: I see, let us return and tend to your injuries.

But before he could create a Portal. He was stopped by the Demon Lord Lilith.

Lilith: Wait! Don't go yet Vergil. You have yet to receive your reward for helping Ruz and her Empire.

Vergil scoffed.

Vergil: I have no need of such pleasantries. What I did is a necessary action for our agreement.

Lilith continued.

Lilith: Yes I know. But She said it herself that you must be rewarded.

Vergil only clicked his tongue, but glanced at Meera. Who slightly whimpered after touching her side.

Vergil: Very well, but in exchange. Have Meera be healed.

Lilith smiled.

Lilith: Worry not, it is agreed that the Savior of Re'zakh and his companion will be attended by only the best healer of the land. Ordered by Ruz the Pharaoh herself.

The two then followed Lilith, all the while Vergil is ignoring the lust filled stared of the Mamono around them.

Upon arriving at the massive pyramid, the three were greeted by multiple Anubis. Which seems to hold back greatly upon seeing the freezing glare, Vergil sent their way.

A more decorated Anubis then arrived shortly after, and asked them to follow her. Vergil is impressed with the architecture of the inside of the pyramid. It is spacious and practical, no space wasted at all as each pillar they pass that held the structure itself had Anubis guards along with Sphinxes.

After a few more minute, they arrived at the throne room where a seemingly young woman with exotic chocolate-like skin and amber-red eyes that shows thousands of years worth of knowledge.

She wore basically akin to that of a two-piece swimsuit that is black in color, her too concealing perfect, moderately sized, round breast that would feel firm and will bounce back from every touch.

She is moderately accented by golden jewelries and cut gems, her arms and legs have bandages on them that would remind someone of thigh high socks and forearm warmers that ended in golden bracelets.

She carries a black and gold Crook that is almost her height in terms of length. And her throne, instead of normal stone or other materials is that of a large red cobra that follows her every command.

The Anubis bowed, along with Meera. Only Vergil and the Demon Lord didn't bow, the latter has a reason not to while Vergil doesn't care.

It gained the ire of an Anubis to his right, which the Beast-like woman tried to correct Vergil by threatening him. However, the Pharaoh only raised her hand and the Anubis backed off.