Chapter 3

Vergil Pov

Vergil: I see, so from what I recall. This struggle of power has been raging for as long as people struggle.

The Basilisk, who introduced herself as Fumiko, nodded at my question.

Fumiko: Yes, though records of the past clearly states that the war started a thousand years ago. But I get that feeling that it's much more longer than what it says.

Vergil: Indeed. It is the victors who choose what they want to be written or exist, letting the future generation know in a controlled method.

Fumiko: I know this is rude but, shouldn't this be common knowledge?

Vergil put a hand on his chin, pretending to think of a proper answer.

Vergil: I had an accident that caused me to lose memory, the weird part of it is that it is rather specific.

She seemed to accept my lie.

Fumiko: I see, no wonder you've been frequent than many of the Village's residents.

Vergil: I see. It is quite a tragedy but still. I was lucky considering I still have most of my memory regarding my history, the only ones forgotten was the geography of our world, some Mamono species, and some core history.

She continued to read her braille book.

Fumiko: Are you a Scholar perhaps?

Vergil: Possible, though I am having a hard time remembering what my previous occupation was.

Fumiko: I see... I hope you regain your memories without hassle.

Vergil: Thank you. But for now, I believe I have spent enough time learning what I could within this library. I'd love to stay more but I must prepare for my next travel.

She nodded, though I had noticed the slight hesitation. It has been half a month and preparing early is much better than preparing late.

I stood up from the table and returned the books I have taken from their shelves alongside Fumiko, who sometimes would fumble around and murmur under her breath.

Saying my good-byes. I immediately head out to the market and browsed through multitudes of products. I even visited blacksmiths to see if they have a blade that I could use to keep Yamato hidden.

Vergil: Now then... A replacement cloak.

The cloak that I am wearing definitely needs to be replaced. Even with demonic energy to keep it... Fresh. It's tattered and slowly decaying state is trouble.

I entered a Tailor store. One that seems to specialize in cloaks and jackets.

I browsed through each aisle, looking for a perfect hooded cloak to replace this old and decaying cloak. Minutes of searching and my efforts came into fruition.

It is Dark Blue in color, it also has golden threads that creates an intricate design on the edges and ends of the sleeves.

I called for the tailor and asked for the price. I bought it, and went inside a changing booth to switch cloaks.

Night quickly came and since I have mostly done my preparations, I head back to the Tavern.

At first many didn't recognize me until I sat down on my usual table and called for Ryoko, who immediately came and asked for my order.

The night continued with any disturbances, and the Tavern itself was more quiet than usual. I questioned Ryoko who passed by and it turns out that an Order crusade, or rather. Order crusades are getting more frequent, causing many of the villagers to prepare and pack up their wive's belongings before sending them off to a nearby village.