Chapter 24

3rd Pov

A powerful shockwave formed after Vergil stabbed himself with the Yamato, and a massive dust cloud formed to blanket whatever was happening inside the Colosseum.

As the dust cloud dissipated, everyone inside felt a powerful surge of power, as even Malphas herself backed off slightly.

Blue flashes emanated from the now disappearing dust cloud and a silhouette of a man slowly grew in size within.

A massive blue skinned foot, that shines far too similar to that of chitin, and slowly, from out of the cover of dust, a being Malphas thought was dead.

Malphas: You. You're alive! How did you escape that accursed son of that damn traitor!

The being stared at Malphas with indifference, it's many eyes pulsing and blinking. To the onlookers of the encounter, they could feel the power of the being clad in blue. All of them quivering from it's oppressive might, and even Lilith, couldn't help but swallow her saliva in nervousness.

Malphas: You've done it, you've eaten the fruit haven't you. Haha! Yes! It seems my untimely demise granted you power that even Mundus couldn't reach! But that child of Sparda, did he perhaps run with his tail between his legs after basking in all your glory?

She cackled, thinking that the being in blue branded fear into that insufferable spawn of a traitor.

Malphas: Perhaps you wish to rule this world? It would be such an honor to be serving once more under you, Oh Great Demon King.

Malphas urged her Newborn to bend a knee, as great shock coursed through every Mamono inside the Colosseum. Even Lilith and Deonora herself couldn't believe what they were hearing. Druella, held her Mother's hand for comfort, yet it did little to calm her nerves.

Wilmarina placed herself in front of Sasha, who herself is shielding the children. While Fumiko, Ryoko, and Siel all went into a defensive stance.

However, the silence was broken by a series of slow, sarcastic claps.

Malphas, upon hearing the clapping noise, immediately searched for whoever dared to make such noise before her king. As she looked around, her eyes eventually landed near her King's leg to see the culprit of such disrespectful noise.

There stood a thin man, yet he doesn't look unhealthy other than his pale skin. A cane is wedged between his arm and chest as both his hands are preoccupied with a sarcastic clap. While a mocking smirk etched itself onto his face.

He wears a long, open sleeveless leather coat with the sides tied together by strings, inside pockets, and a sewn-in, corset-like vest in the front. He also wears black pants with a silver chain made up of skulls on the right side of his belt and a fingerless glove on his right hand.

???: Well, while I am not one to ruin a lovely reunion. Though lovely is not a word I would use.

Malphas growled and opened a portal underneath the Newborn and it kicks it feet towards it. Which in turn, a second portal appeared next to the man and the Newborn's feet came through.

A blast of lightning later, and the Newborn limped after getting it's foot electrocuted.

???: Oooh! Almost got you there V! Maybe you should, I don't know? Move?!

A pitched voice came from nowhere, until one of the Tattoos of the man glowed and out came black sand, which formed a large crow with a serrated beak and wings empowered by electricity.

The man now known as V only chuckled as he twirled his cane, before resting it in front of him.

V: Now now, while it would've been fun. Getting hit by an overgrown turkey is not part of my plans.