truth and new beginnings

Chapter One

            lola

    i woke up to a harsh scream. my first thought was to roll back into my bed's soft matress. but then i could never do that anymore now could i. my second thought was WILLOW! i shot up out of bed and ran the short distance to the door that separated our rooms. what i saw was the most shocked hysterical thirteen year old girl  ever                                                                                                                                                      

my sister was considered quite a babe amongst the guys her age. she was a tallk slim bleach blonde beauty. she had the same sea green eyes as my mom had. she has all of my mothers looks. she never failed to express herself when she didnt like something. she was annoyingly stubborn and ultra sesitive. she prided herself on her looks and her ability to never let a guy take advantage of her. she was more grown up than any thirteen girl should have to be.

now my sister stood infront of the mirror and stared open mouthed and crying freely at her usually perfict blonde hair. which now had that all to familiar black streak in it. i would know, i had the same streak in my hair. which was a darker shade of blonde than my sisters. my eyes were a deep enticing blue that caused even the most chiverlous of men to turn away from me when i was in need of help. i was concidered beautiful because i had that supermodel styled body. As my uber gay bff stephano liked to say "i was completely oblivious to my kick ass hottness and total sex appeal." which i was beginning to believe was true.

Now my sister turned to me, tears streaming down her face. she clutched at that streak of black. her green eyes filled with confusion, fear, and most of all anger. she was shaking vivedly. her anger was odvious. she rushed towards me and i held my ground.

"what did you do to my hair!"she asked quietly. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY HAIR!" she screamed. i flinched because i was sorry. i had dreaded this day ever since the day that mom died. the day that id have to face up to the thing that was now my responsibility to reveal. i had no choice. it had to be done. now. not tomarrow. now.

i sighed. "relax."i said. i rested my hand on my sisters shoulder. she pulled away. "I didnt do anything to your  hair." I said. "now relax willow." i said. she took a deep breath and sat down in her desk chair. "good." i said. "now listen." she nodded at me. i kneeled down and faced her. "you know what mom said to me once." she shook her head. "she said that our family was....special. the Poppy's were around since the midevil times. we were shamans, medicine women, seers, high prestesses. we were people who were depended upon. we were smart brave women."

"i dont get what this has to do with my hair suddenly gaining an unwanted streak."she said sullen.

"our family were doned with this....this....mark" i said totally failing on what to say next. mom was always best at explaining things. especially this. what would she say. shed probably tell her the truth without hesitation. "this mark was that streak that you have in your hair." she sasped

"But-i-i-dont..."she said.

"In the witch trials we were doned witches. the women that our ancestors had trusted and befriended hated them for what they were. but our great great great grandmother got out. she continued the name Poppy. she had our great great grandmother who had our great grandmother. who had our grandmother who had mom who had us." i said "the fact is that were natural born witches. its our blood line. Our future, past, and present."

"i still dont understand why" she said.

"i know willow."i said "neither did i at first." i sighed now the hard part. "there are certain...steps...to comming into your powers willow." i said. "there are rules to up held when you are dealing with magic. the steps you might not like as much as the whole magic part but we'll get through them."

"w-what are the steps i have to go through to reach my powers.?"she asked.

"we'll talk about all of that later."I said. "but for now we have to get ready to great the new day. to celebrate this new step in our lives." Willow laughed

"now you just sound silly talking like that." she said.

"i'm so not kidding." i said, smiling which kinda ruined the whole serious thing."get dressed."i smiled and backed up to the door. "breakfast will be ready by the time it reached ten o'clock." i called over my shoulder. i shut the door and sighed.

the hard part was over. i remembered what mom always told me when i said that. 'the hard part is hardly over dearest, no in fact it was just beginning.' not the most comforting of words but what ever. my mom was right. even if i had explained it enough to willow there was always that little issue.

HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO TEACH HER TO USE HER MAGIC!

CODY

i stood outside the poppy boarding house. its tall victorian brick setting looming over me like a revenging goddess. i knew that behind those walls was my reason for returning to new salem. i pondered what i will do once i see her again. i wanted to be calm and cool. i didnt want her to see that she was all i had thought of in the past five years.

that her deep blue saddened eyes were all i had invisioned. that her silky blonde hair running through my fingers were all i could dream about. i sighed and leaned back into my car. i could do this. i came all the way here from romania to see her again. there was no way i was going back without seeing her at least once.

i sighed and, pushing off my car, walked into the old victorian house. And my destiny.