{28.2} Thundering

Start from the beginning

Our walk turns to a jog, which eventually turns to a run out of pure worry. We finally turn into the private corridor and rush to Aspen's door. I have no f*cking idea what her code is. I'm not sure why I don't but rather than dwelling on it, I take a few steps back and run to the door, using my body weight to slam it open.

All I see is red.

That f*cking pervert Finn is on top of her. Her chest f*cking exposed. She's hitting him, fighting him but he's simply blocking her hits by holding his hand up.

A bullet to the shoulder takes him down easily.

"Clean up the body, I'll take care of her." I instruct kohen.

"You sure?" He asks. Everyone knows mine and Aspen's relationship is rocky, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to f*cking be there when she needs me. Especially in a situation like this.

She backs herself into a corner, silent tears fall. I think the shock of the situation mixed with the adrenaline is the only thing keeping her composed right now. I see her holding a gun to Finn which I'll obviously leave, but my priority is making sure she's okay and comfortable.

I don't look at her, but the blood on her chest cant be ignored. It's practically screaming at you compared to her pale complexion right now. I shrug my jacket off and approach her slowly. I've never been in a situation like this. I don't know what she needs.

"Aspen?" I ask.

She doesn't look at me, doesn't flinch, I'm not even sure she heard me.

I might regret this, but I need her attention. I lightly tap her shoulder, making her teary eyes snap to mine. Seeing her like this makes me want to tear the world a-f*cking-part. But I know she doesn't need my anger, she has plenty of her own. Instead, I do something rather foreign. I make sure to soften my expression, to be as gentle as possible. It's not easy, but she needs it.

"I'm going to put this over you, is that okay?" I make sure to ask.

She needs to be in control of the situation. After what just happened, I'm not going to push her into anything that's not comfortable. Seeing her nod slowly, I place the jacket over her and she looks away from me again. She keeps her eyes on the body that's still there.

"Kohen, why is this thing still here?" I ask distastefully.

I see his chest rise and fall slowly. The action making me pleased. Aspen will enjoy dealing with him.

"Is she.. okay?" He asks concerned.

"She will be when that's out of here." I snap at him. I shouldn't, I know that but I cant f*cking hold it in.

"They're all dead, all f*cking dead. We have Romy and Oslo." Sorin suddenly comes into the room. His eyes flash with pure rage at the sight of Aspen. "Do you need help?"

"I can take care of her. Go get everything ready. When she's ready, we'll be out there."

Sorin and Kohen reluctantly follow my instructions, leaving me to focus back on Aspen. I have to get her out of here, as well as making sure she stops focusing on Finn.

"Can I help you out of the room?" I ask her, successfully getting her attention. Her teary eyes are now looking into mine. I have to be strong for her, but seeing her like this absolutely f*cking breaks me.

"I-I c-c dont I I j-jas-per." She stutters.

"Shhh." I shush her. The next words that I speak surprise even myself. "You don't have to talk. You're okay, he cant hurt you. I'm here, okay?"

She simply stares at me with wide eyes and tears. They grow in intensity and it's not long before she's literally shaking, choking out sobs. I don't know what to f*cking do. How do I make it stop? How the f*ck do I fix this?