{18.2} Shrill

(TW Graphic)
{Aspen's POV}

"Lead the way."

The men look at me shocked. They glance nervously at Quest as well. There are three people that followed me from the front here and they are the ones I'm talking to. There are around 10 to 20 people who were already back here. They're watching out interaction from a distance.

"Now, or I'm going to run again." I threaten.

That gets them to start moving.

Two men lead and one is behind me. I run through my plan over and over again in my mind. 

And it starts when I spot Romy with a deadly expression in the distance.

We walk right up to him and he glares at me.

"You going to kill me?" I ask.

"You'd be lucky to get off that easily." He growls.

"I know Balor killed your daughter." I start, making Romy's eyes darken. "I understand your anger and need for revenge. Frankly, I don't really mind the idea of dying, so here's what I'll offer. I will come with you willingly, but my dog comes," I gesture to Quest, "And I want to see Hudson, I don't care if he's dead or alive, I just want to see him before we leave."

"If I allow those things, you'll come willingly?" He asks, his face now turning confused.

"One hundred percent." I agree.

"Why do you not care about dying?" He asks, not convinced.

"Look around Romy." I snap angrily. "My family left me! I don't care about them, and they clearly don't care about me. My death will do us all a favor. I want to see Hudson for an explanation, then I don't care what happens to me."

I add a few stray tears for dramatic effect.

Damn, Caspian said I'm a bad actress? 

"Okay." He says blankly.

He grabs my arm, earning a growl from Quest. I tell him to calm down. Romy leads me to a car where a few men are surrounding. I can already see through the window a body sprawled out in the back seat.

Romy lets go of me and opens the door. I climb in the seat next to Hudson, shoving his legs out of the way. I make sure Quest comes inside as well.

"Five minutes." Romy says, and shuts the door behind me.

I immediately look at Hudson, tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. His breathing is labored and a bandage is carelessly placed on his lower abdomen.

"Hudson." I say quietly at first.

No response.

"Hudson." I say in a normal time, shaking him slightly. 

He groans slightly, it's muffled by the gag in his mouth.

"Damn it! HUDSON!" I slap him in the face. Hard.

That does it. His eyes fly open and he chokes slightly. I take the gag out of his mouth and he breaths heavily, spitting out whatever was left.