thirty-three

short, filler.
omniscient.

"I'm so glad he takes after his uncle because his mama and daddy? Y'all struggle in the looks department."

Dom and Jayda hadn't left their house since the baby was born three days ago. The way they clung to him and it made Monét question if Jayda was pregnant.

"You got something to tell me Jay?" Monét raised her brow, Jayda shook her head no looking at her confused.

"You pregnant Jay?" Monét questioned skeptically.

"Hell no, I'm not getting pregnant before I'm married." She spoke matter of factly. Jayda was the only one that always tried to think straight out of the girls. She was still human but she had a different upbringing. A more healthy environment.

"Well let me go ahead and pop the question cause Jayda moody ass is definitely pregnant." Dom added in.

"Stop saying that shit!" Jayda spoke annoyed with Dom. She did have question marks if she was pregnant but once that happened it became all too real and her life was moving fast.

"Please get pregnant so my baby can have a child to play with. Dess ass on birth control. That IUD be fighting Izzy's little swimmers" Monét and Jayda laughed, and Dom looked at her disgustingly.

Samael walked down the steps into the living room kissing Monét on her lips.

"How you feeling baby mama?"

"Yup, that'll do it. You don't have to worry about me!" She stood up and Samael pulled her on his lap. Linking her arms around his neck she kissed his lips multiple times.

"Y'all, I'm not breast feeding. So y'all know what that mean." Monét spoke excitedly. She had been waiting for the moment she could put a bottle to her lips and stand on the counter for 9 months.

"Alcoholic twinssss." Jayda danced, Monét and Dom looked at her as if she was stupid.

"Bitch, you better be joking." Dom mugged Jayda

"You the only big grown ass man I know that speak in meme and tik toks." Monét eyed Dom suspiciously, but in a playful manner.

"I'm sorry Thanos take everything serious. Stop sending me tik toks then Monét."

"Never did you ever call my husband Thanos. I almost popped you in the mouth. Back to more important things. Jayda, you got another 9 months or less to be drunk and dancing on table tops. You gotta take water shots now"

Jayda looked around thoroughly confused. She could admit her body seemed to be going through changes but she figured it was due to the plan B she and Dom took.

"I don't want to hear anything else. Let's go Dom, we finna go home." Jayda stood up, she wasn't mad. She was just stuck between believing it and wanting to call it a stupid thought,

"Can I take Mier home with me?" Everyone looked at him as if he was stupid.

"No, you ask stupid shit." Samael spoke up, his deep voice annoyed with another one of Dom stupid questions.

"Then I'm not going on. I'll see you when you get there. If you not pregnant, can I get you pregnant? I want a son." His eyes landed on Jayda.

"Not you clingy to a three day old baby." Monét laughed at him protesting to Jayda, rolling her eyes she turned on her heels walking towards the door.

"Imma spoil the hell outta this little boy."

The knock on the door caught everyone's attention. She was sure it wasn't Dess and Izzy.

Samael grabbed his gun going to the door. When he looked through the peephole, his parents caught him by surprise. Swinging the door opened, he looked at them confused more than sure that they wanted nothing to do with each other.

"Grandma came to see her little stinky pooh." The smile on her face was spread from cheek to cheek.

She took Mier from the arms of her nephew. She rocked him back in forth.

"He's so handsome and look at that beautiful brown skin. Gladly, he's not as dark as you all." Jayda and Monét head snapped to each other.

"Bitch what?" The girls always knew his mother reeked of colorism, especially with Samael being the darkest and he wasn't dark at all.

"Oh, I'm just kidding. Calm down."

Neither of them found her joke to be funny. It was offensive and if they weren't so comfortable and confident in their skin. It would've been enough to make them more insecure.

"I think me and Dom are going to head out sissy. I love you." Jayda hugged Monét tightly, she felt like she was going to beat Dom's aunt ass and at that moment, she felt like it was truly time to go.

She mumbled a sorry to Monét, she didn't want her to sit and deal with her monster-in-law.

"I'm just going to take a nap." She planted a kiss onto Samael's lips, who stood for a moment and stared at his beautiful wife in her eyes. Still as much in love as the day he first told her.

Smacking Dom in the back of his neck, she kissed her son on his forehead. She didn't speak to his parents and walked straight into the bedroom.

"Imma be up there in a few." Monét nodded her head before she walked upstairs. She was happy to finally get a small break.

Samael was a lot of help and she appreciated that she wasn't a single mother but he rarely wanted to wake up at night whenever Mier got to crying.

Samael sat downstairs with his mother, he watched her as she held his son.

"I miss when you were a little baby." She squeezed Samael cheek causing him to laugh a little. He still loved his mother, she is still his mother.

"Yall miss grooming a nigga cause that's all it was. That's why I got away, so he ain't gotta go through the shit I went through. Training to kidnap women and shit. Nah, his childhood will be normal." His mother shook her head.

"Please stop this Samael, that girl came in and filled your head with a bunch of shit. Your dad warned me about her and I said you would never choose the wrong girl."

"My wife is not the wrong girl, watch how you speak about her in her house." Samael defended Monét, attitude laced in his voice.

"Her house? She was broke when she met you. She's going to be broke when you finally leave her ass." His mother spat venom in her words, waving Samael off.

"Go upstairs to your wife since you are so defensive over her. Leave me be with my grand baby. I don't want to be in your presence."

Samael sucked his teeth, standing from the couch he went upstairs with Monét.

Lucia waited thirty minutes before she made her move. Sneaking out their front door quietly, she head Symier in her arms.

"You're going to keep the family tradition, yes you are!" She squeezed his cheeks. Jumping in the back seat, Derrick drove away in an unmarked car.

While Samael and Monét rested in their bed unaware.