one.

Stock·holm syn·drome
/ˈstäkˌhō(l)m,ˈstäkōm ˈsinˌdrōm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
feelings of trust or affection felt in many cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor.
THE KIDNAPPING STARTS MID CHAPTER.

Monét sat in the back seat of Raina's car

Monét sat in the back seat of Raina's car. She got dragged out with her cousin and her friend once again. She hadn't been in Harlem for long, but, she wanted to go back to Charlotte, NC so desperately.

Her life wasn't exactly perfect but she hated change, it brought anxiety to her life and she felt like she couldn't control the things around her.

Impulsive decisions happened when she couldn't control her life, she often went back to toxic men from her past because she could control them. Stepping out of the car in her white forces hitting the pavement first, people looked at her not knowing who this girl was, seeing as though Monét had been stuck in the house for a couple weeks since she had touchdown in Harlem.

 Stepping out of the car in her white forces hitting the pavement first, people looked at her not knowing who this girl was, seeing as though Monét had been stuck in the house for a couple weeks since she had touchdown in Harlem

She looked across the steet and noticed two men leaning against a royal blue G-wagon truck. She knew who the two men were because Raina and Nelly didn't stop talking about them the whole ride. Apparently, they gained some liquid courage when they took Hennessy shots in the car.

Today was the opening of Samael's uncle Bodega. It was getting late and turned into a block party.

"Monét, just walk over there with us, you ain't gotta say nothing. I just don't want you standing here alone."

Rolling her eyes she pushed off of Raina's Buick. She didn't really like being with Raina and Nelly but her grandparents insisted on her finally leaving the house.

"You... come here." The unknown man pointed at 22 year old Monét, her eyes scanned over the tall figure and immediately fell on the floor.

"I'm good." Raina and Nelly's neck snapped to the side eyeing Monét. This was the most they'd ever gotten out of him and Monét wasn't going to ruin their chance to tell the rest of their friend group that they got to hang around Mael (my-el) and Isaiah.

"I said come here." Samael spoke with more authority. He leaned against his truck and Monét feet began walking to him.

"yes?" her eyes fell on his face and she scanned over the fine man before her.