【 Chapter 12 】

Time skip 4 years

Where has the time gone? These past few years have felt like a dream to me, almost like I've been in a daze of happiness. Of course, there were a few bumps along the road, but so many good things have happened that the bad seems insignificant by comparison.

       Dio and Jonathan had stopped fighting with each other all the time, I finally got to publish a book—it took a lot of determination but they finally gave in—and also, Jackson had stoped causing so many problems for me after Dio broke his nose in that fight six years ago.

Everything in my life is finally panning out. My family has gotten a lot closer to the Joestars over the years. After my father and Mr. Joestar took notice of me and Dio's feelings for one another, they decided to make it official and betrothed us. We started having family dinners together, and spending the holidays with each other, and it started to feel like we were all one big happy family.

       Once Dio and I tie the knot, we really would be family, and whenever I think about it my heart fills with joy. I still work in the café at Primrose Books, part time however, because I also need to focus on my writing. My father supports me with everything he has, advertising the two books I've written so far in the bookstore wherever he can.

       Jonathan and I still remain very close friends, and I can't wait till one day I can call him my brother in law. He's always telling me about his discoveries, and how he'll change the world with this new knowledge about the past. We go on picnics every Friday, and of course Danny is always there to join us. I've come to love the dog, even though I prefer cats I find the big brut endearing nonetheless.

       My feet thump as I rush down the stairs to the main floor. Weaving between the customers in the bookstore I make my way to the front.

       "Where are you off to in such a hurry Annie?" I hear my father's voice from behind me at the front desk.

       "I'm gonna be late for Jonathan and Dio's game! I gotta be there to cheer them on!" I tell him, bell chiming as I open the door, "Bye Dad! Love you!"

       "Okay then, goodbye! Have fun!" He calls out to me just before the door swings shut.

       My feet fly as I run down the cobblestone streets in the direction of the school, catching sight of a wagon heading the same way I hop on the back of it. The driver glances back, I give him a wave and a smile and he just shakes his head with a fond expression on his face.

       I thank the man as I jump off and continue on my way. Since I got a ride I'll be a little early, so I might even be able to see them before the game starts. Once I arrive, my eyes find a group of guys in green and white striped uniforms off to the side of the field. Jogging towards them, I spot two familiar faces.

       "Dio! JoJo!" I call out to them, waving my hand. They turn their heads in my direction, Jonathan with a big grin and waving back at me, Dio has a small smile of his own as well. I run towards them, giving Jonathan a big hug.

"I'm so glad you could make it Annie!" He lifts me up and spins me around.

"J-JoJo, I need a-air," I choke out, him clearly not realizing his own strength.

"Oh! Right! I'm sorry!" He quickly puts me down, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I assure him. In the past few years Jonathan has grown to be a literal giant, now whenever I talk to him I have to tilt my head back a bit to see his face. The same can be said for Dio, though I think he might be slightly shorter than JoJo, and also leaner, not quite as solid as him.