Chapter-23

Hi.

We once again cross the great gates of the ancestral tombs.

There is a meeting of all the lords and jungkook is to proceed over it. I follow close behind him and jin and namjoon hyung ride beside me. Jaehyun is strapped to my chest and he watches our surroundings with wide eyes.

Jungkook lifts his hand, signaling for our Imperials to stop. A Lord from the west and his warriors stand before us.

Jungkook dismounts and hands off the reins of his stallion to one of his warriors. He moves to my side and gently lifts us from Silvers back. I smile my thanks and he rubs his hand over jaehyun's head.

The Lord strides forward and grins at us. He is followed by a few of his warriors and a small woman. She looks Jungkook up and down and smiles wide at him.

"Lord Jungkook. Welcome back to the tomb . We weren't sure you would make it." He trails his eyes up and down me, stopping briefly on jaehyun.

Jungkook grunts and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Of course I would be here. I am the great Lord." The rival lord narrows his eyes but his smile doesn't falter. The small woman at his side hisses her impatience.

"I don't think you've met. This is my wife mina." The woman strides forward and inclines her head to jungkook. She does the same to me and stops when she sees jaehyun.

"What a beautiful babe. Is it true he is prophesied to be the king who mounts the world?" She reaches out to touch jaehyun and I squeeze him closer to me. She narrows her eyes but doesn't comment. Jaehyun lays against my breast and looks up at me, his purple eyes curious. I hold her gaze until she looks away.

"I am tired after our journey. I think I will take jaehyun to our tent." I look to jungkook for permission. Normally I wouldn't but we are in Ancestral tomb where things are different.

Jungkook grips my neck and kisses me soundly on the lips.

"Take Rest." Jungkook pats jaehyun's head and he smiles. I nod my head and signal for jin hyung to follow. He bows slightly to jungkook and we go to leave. Mina holds out her hand, halting our departure.

"May I come prince? I am wonderful with babies." Jungkook watches her with slitted eyes. I look to him and he shrugs, letting me know the choice is mine to make. She watches jaehyun with an enamored look in her eyes and my stomach twists with unease.

"Thank you for your offer but I am very tired. My handmaid will see to us."Jungkook smirks slightly and Mina smashes her lips together. She finally nods her head in deference and moves back to her lord side. I hold jaehyun close and jin hyung follows hot on my heels.

We finally make it to our tent and I hurry inside. I can't explain it but I just know that I didn't like the way that woman looked at jaehyun. He pushes against my jaw, his face impatient. I smile softly and kiss his cheek. I lift him from my chest wrap and sit him on the floor. Jin hyung pulls one of the jewels from his fingers and sits it next to him. He squeals happily and pats his hands on it. With jaehyun occupied I turn to jin hyung.

"I wish you could bring them with us" Jin hyung smiles at me mentioning about his children who are with Namjoon hyung parents right now.

"Its fine tae. Otherwise they could be a handful".....i smile..."Would you like me to heat a bath for you?" I stifle a yawn and stretch my arms out.

"Thank you jin hyung but now all I can't think about is a nap. Are you alright with staying and watching over jaehyun?" He nods and I settle into the pile of furs that have been arranged as our bedding. He begins mashing food together for jaehyun and he hums a song.

"Will you wake me before the feast? I will take a bath then." I yawn again and rub my eyes.

"Of course. Get some rest." Jin hyung grinds the paste into a purée and I smile at him.

"Thank you hyung." He smiles at me and I push the nagging worry to the back of my mind. I close my eyes and let sleep take me.

-----
Hey there. Hope you are liking it so far. Please vote, share and comment.
Thoughts?

Thanking you:
Niki