-20-

"Lando please, don't run away every time you don't want to talk to me" I shouted as I ran after Lando. 

He stood still, but didn't make a sound. Was he really not in the mood to talk to me? "Lando, come on talk to me" I said with twinkling eyes as I stood in front of him. I didn't know Lando long enough to know what he was like in situations like this, but I could at least try to talk to him and cheer him up. 

"Sorry I'm just very disappointed in myself, I let my team down" he said with a disappointed look. I had never seen him like this before, it was just a small mistake but I am not him. 

"Is there anything I can do for you?" I asked. 

"Leave me alone please" he said with a sigh.

I didn't know what to say and watched him trudge away. I didn't walk after him this time, maybe he would like to be alone. 

-----

I sat with Max at breakfast in Imola, it was cold and there was a chance of rain. Max likes the rain conditions. I knew how much he wanted to be back on the track and hopefully win the race. I hadn't spoken to Lando since last night, I was really thinking about how he was. I wouldn't forget his face expression, but today is the race and today the points will be distributed. James would come to the race today, he would be there in an hour. I was glad to see him again. 

We have been calling and messaging each other a lot, but I still feel it is a bit weird. You don't know what the other person is doing even tho we tell each other... I do trust him but he hasn't proved yet whether he can be trusted. 

When James arrives I want to have a serious talk with him about our relationship. Maybe he doesn't take it completely seriously but I do. My last relationship was terrible, I was really in love and after a year I found out that he didn't care about me. I usually fall for the wrong guy... I don't want this to happen to me again. I want someone who really genuinely cares about me. Can James and I get the best out of each other? 

I kept dreaming about it when Max's voice filled my ears. "Lila..." said Max snapping his fingers. 

"sorry I was" 

"Daydreaming?" said Max with a grin.

"Yes..." I said nodding. 

"I got it, but when is James coming?" he said standing up."He'll be at the airport in an hour, can you please pick him up?" I said with puppy dog eyes. 

"Lila, why didn't you plan this?" he said rolling his eyes. 

"Sorry, I thought he had his own transportation, but I'm not very good at driving and I'm standing next to the best in the world right now so..." I said blinking my eyes elegantly. 

"You're terrible, but well I'll do it but I do have little time then so next time arrange it better" he smiled.

"Thanks Max, I mean it's only 9AM" I said with a smile.

"True, but still I have a lot to discuss with my team, luckily there is still time" said Max looking at his watch.

"Exactly, and it's only a 20 minute drive" 

"If it's so close why aren't you driving?" said Max with a grin.

"Shut up, you know I'll come back with a broken car then"

 "You're right, I'll tell my team I'm off then" he said stroking my head and walking past me.

I said nothing, and let Max do his thing. I was focused on my phone when I caught a glimpse of Lando. He did look more energetic, but I didn't say anything to him. I didn't feel like having another unnecessary discussion with him. 

I looked back at my phone when someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up, and to my surprise, Lando was standing there. "Hi?" I said, confused. 

"Hey, sorry about yesterday," he said, looking around. 

"No problem" I said shortly.

He didn't say anything, and sat down next to me. I looked at him, and he looked at me. "I thought James was coming today?" he began as he made himself comfortable. 

"You remembered that well, because he'll be here in an hour" I said with a smile. 

"Okay cool" he said. 

"Cool" I said in the same tone as him.

 A silence fell, and I looked at the ground. I felt slight goosebumps  through my stomach. Why does he always make me feel like this? 

"Um, I guess I'll go" I said as I stood up, but Lando grabbed my arm and pulled me back so I was sitting next to him again. 

"You could have just asked me to sit down again" I said rubbing my arm. 

"Sorry, but I have a question... which I'd rather not ask but..." I blinked my eyes 

"what do you mean?" I asked. 

He sighed "I've been invited to a fashion gala, and I wanted to ask if you would like to go with me?" he said very slowly. 

"Um, do you mean like a date or...?" 

"It's officially a date of sorts, but we can go as friends," he said, biting his lip nervously. 

"It sounds like fun, I like fashion. But I don't know what James will think of it..." I said not knowing what to say or think.

"He doesn't have to know, and if you tell him we're going as friends there's no problem, is there?" he said looking around. 

I looked at him "I don't think there is..." I said slowly.

"Right then, will you please go with me?" he said, looking deep into my eyes.

"Thanks for the invitation but I'd like to consult with James." 

"Why, he will really understand..." 

"Maybe, but I if I was your girlfriend would you let me go with James?" I asked looking into his eyes, waiting for a sincere answer. 

"Yes, I mean no but..." he stared. 

"Lando, all I have to do is ask, it's really not like he's going to say no right away" I said. He looked at me and said nothing. 

"Okay, message me when you know please" he said.

A/N

- Heyy! I hope y'all are doing fine, sorry for the late update but my laptop broke so now I have to type it on my phone...

- There are two new books in progress right now, they will be published soon! Story titles are: Hurts so good, and Deep end. They are both Lando Norris stroy's, any request for other drivers? 

- The next update will be next week, on 17th of feb 2022.

- Stay save Xx!