-17-

He looked at me, as if I were asking the strangest question ever. His gaze was completely focused on me, and mine on him. His blue/green eyes almost made me drown, they were beautiful. There was a silence and it felt like hours passed. Chloe coughed to get our attention which made us both look at her, and then back at each other. 

"So what's your answer..." I said.

"Never mind, you're busy" and with that he walked away.

I frowned in confusion. 

"What was that stare you two were wearing?" asked Chloe who was clearly confused too.

"Nothing... nothing at all" I said watching Lando walk back to his house. 

Chloe looked at me with a frown and not much later she was grinning. 

"Sure... and who was this mysterious boy?" she said, grabbing my hand and making her way to the living room. 

"His name is Lando, he lives next door to me" I muttered. 

"Aha, and how do you know him" she said as we sat down together on the sofa. 

"I met him at the paddock in Bahrain" I said.

"Does my best friend have two lovers." she winked. 

I blushed "no, I'm with James" I said quickly as I tucked my tuft of hair behind my ear.

"I saw how he looked at you, and how you looked at him" she said laughing.

"Shut up" I said looking away into her eyes. 

"I saw his twinkle in his eye when he saw you.... "

"Okay, but you don't know him and he is confusing and mega mysterious. He just walked out of there from nowhere..." I said looking at the ground. 

"But I can get to know him" she said with a wink.

"I think it would be better if you got to know my boyfriend first" I said with rolling eyes. 

We got up together, and got ready to go shopping. The sun was shining, so the perfect weather to grab my sunglasses. Together we had planned our whole day, because tomorrow evening I would fly back to Monaco with Max. Max unexpectedly came back earlier, which was irritating because we were just about to go. 

"Why are you here so early" I asked as Max hung up his coat. 

"Hello to you too" said Max chuckling. 

"Sorry, but we're in a hurry" I said slightly irritated. 

"Let me guess, you guys are going shopping" said Max pointing at Chloe and I. 

"Yes and you know it, so if we can end this conversation" I said.

"Lila come on" stared Chloe "hi Max long time no see" she said with a smile.

 "Hey, make sure Lila doesn't buy too much" said Max with a grin. 

"No worries, I'll look after her" she said with a smile. 

"Have fun ladies" Max waved as we walked out the door. 

With a smile on my face, I waved back. I rummaged through my purse, looking for the car key. 

"Who's going to drive you or me?" asked Chloe with her right hand at her side. 

"Me of course, I'm an excellent driver and we'll be driving my car" I said as I pulled out my car key from my purse. 

"Fine, if we want to end up in the hospital we will" she said with a grin.

"Thanks" I said sarcastically.