CHAPTER 37

Jaehyun immediately stood up when the doctor walked out of the emergency room and approached him.

The dominant had controlled his pheromones during his 2-hour stay, but the look on his face visibly relayed his emotions.

The doctor sported a small smile and tapped his shoulder. "Don't worry, nothing bad happened. She should wake up after some hours; she needs rest. She is dehydrated and showed major signs of stress too, so let's just wait for her to wake up. Her body is weak right now."

"Oh my god", Jaehyun let out a loud sigh in relief and bowed to the doctor. "Thank you so much, Doc."

"It's my first time seeing you like this. You operate and tail us with a cold stare, and now all of it crumbles just because of a girl, huh? Your mate?"

"Potential", he answered, making the man hum.

"You can go in, but let her rest a lot longer. I'll give you her medical pass so she won't get trouble at school too much. Alert me if she'll wake up; we need to check her still."

"Will do, Doc."

"See you on your internship, Jung; you're a good guy."

Jaehyun mumbled a small thanks and watched his superior out before gathering his courage to enter the room.

As expected, there's a bandage around her head and some tubes connected to her. The calm beeps on the machine and her peaceful sleeping face are already enough for the dominant to calm down, settling on a chair beside her bed.

In the span of two hours, Jaehyun pondered over and over a single decision: call Renjun.

He had already confirmed the accident when their dean called, and the school had already demanded an investigation into what happened.

Since Jihye is unavailable right now, the admins and security team started to ask the nearby residents from the omega's unit.

Jaehyun wasn't sure if it's now over or if they depicted what happened, but he was sure that it involved Lei-An.

"Than fucking bitch", he frustratedly mumbled, holding the sleeping omega's hand. "I'm sorry", he whispered.

I'm sorry, Renjun. Let me take care of her just this once.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Jihye woke up at exactly 24 hours. The doctor immediately tended her and asked her several questions, glad that nothing affected her memory and it was just a little bleed that thankfully stopped.

Jaehyun requested to move her into a private room by then.

By now, she had just finished eating and was sipping on the lemon juice that she requested.

When the door opened, her face lit up at the sight of Jaehyun in fresh new clothes, two paper bags on his hand—one his clothes, the other are take outs.

"I only saw one that is fitted to me; it could be a dress for you though", he teased while sitting beside her.