CHAPTER 14

oh chittaphon guide us for the night is dark and full of terrors

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

They didn't know if time runs fast or if they just took things faster.

Heavy pheromones immediately clouded the dominant's condominium—the unexpected choice of place in which he pondered at the last minute.

Renjun cannot take her to her dormitory unit. Not just because the guards are strict and he's scared, but because an omega's heat glands can also trigger another omega even if it's not on their schedule. Second, it could be risky given that he didn't know what would happen after a few hours; his scent and pheromones would surely seep through the doors, and others could smell it. Third, he just wants to be private.

The dominant's unit sure is farther from the university's reach, but it is located in a private subdivision where houses are relatively farther from each other. The majority of the residents are business people who are rarely present.

He's not expecting any action either, given that the omega has been asleep on the car ride until now. It's just that Renjun doesn't want her to feel uncomfortable when he'll deal with her later on.

By now, Renjun is just in his bedroom, closely looking after the sleeping omega, who's adorably snuggling on his sheets. He knew that it'd calm her too, as his scent was all over the room.

He's also glad that her pheromones aren't as strong as they were in the car, proving that the pill is indeed effective. But everything has an end, no?

When a muffled whimper resonated, immediately reaching his hearing, it made him jump on his seat and rush to her side.

"Hey, relax, sweetcheeks.. calm down now, you're good", he hummed, gently caressing her hair while she continued shifting uncomfortably.

Renjun massaged her forehead for her to stop furrowing her brows, but when she did, a sudden wave of pained scent lingered between them.

"Does it hurt a lot?", he asked in a hushed tone, almost talking to a baby. "What does my baby want?"

"Alpha..."

And to say that the said alpha froze, his eyes widening in a fraction, and his breath hitched.