CHAPTER 27

Renjun was peacefully resting on the hammock near the mini-garden on the corner of their building.

One arm covering his closed eyes, he relaxed his mind by keeping it empty and chill. He didn't want to think just this time.

He feels exhausted.

He didn't do anything physically hard, but it seems like thinking alone sucked all his energy away.

The outside campus is deserted as it is still class hours, except for the ones who have small breaks in between; he has thirty minutes free.

If Jihye doesn't have any classes, he might be with her right now. So here he is, regaining his lost self, hoping that the greenery and the fresh air will help him.

"Renjun"

I said greenery and fresh air.

The dominant huffed and peeked out in one eye. "What do you want?"

"Nothing much; I just want to lay in here too, but you're here."

Renjun just hummed in his lack of interest, shifting again to lay comfortably.

"Is this still your favorite place?"

"Can you shut up for twenty minutes?"

"Can you talk to me for twenty minutes?"

Renjun sighed and sat up, settling his feet down on the ground, and looked up at her with a blank expression.

Lei-An flashed a small smile and sat on a huge rock in front of him, their eyes meeting—probably the longest they have had since she came back.

The dominant can see the desperate urge to talk in her eyes, creating a nostalgic sense that hits him.

They should know a lot about each other by now.

"I'm happy to see you again", she mumbled.

"I'm not", he answered almost immediately.

"I know, I expected it at least"

"Why did you come back?"

"I wanna graduate.. and I want it here", she sadly smiled. "I wasn't able to continue in China because my parents want me to focus on calming my omega. Also, Tantiana is the best in fine arts and my dream school."

"That's it?"

"Believe me, that's just it. But when I saw you, I think I became greedy. I want you back, Renjun."

"You know it won't happen."

"Figured, but I still want to. Just being near you makes me feel safe."

"We both know your safety is not a hundred percent guaranteed with me, Lei; my alpha could attack you if we lose control."

"I also think just talking to you would suffice for the years of missing you."