CHAPTER 16

"I'm doing fine, mom."

[You should rest for another two days, your scent won't completely die down tomorrow.]

"But I'm already feeling better right now."

[It's your first, Jihye. Don't expect it not to come back just because you had enough rest. Your cycles are abnormal.]

"Ugh, yeah, thanks for reminding me", she said, rolling her eyes.

[But you have your dominant, yeah? Speaking of, we would like to meet him asap]

"And? Has dad reminded me how much of a failure I am?"

Renjun's ears perked up, not looking over from being seated on his desk, yet he abruptly stopped making his architectural plate.

Oh, how he wishes he could hear the other line.

"No, thank you."

[Your dad's the one who said that]

"That's why I don't want to, and this is not even sure, I guess"

[Not sure? Yang Jihye, did you commit to the wrong person! ]

"No, yes? No, maybe, I don't know. Ugh, mom, let's not talk about this right now."

[I swear, Jihye, if he's bad for you.]

"Just until I get normal,", she mumbled.

[Let me meet him.]

"Bye, mom, I'll call you back soon."

[Wait–]

Jihye ended the call with a sigh, wriggling under the sheet and hugging the male's pillow.

She hummed in delight, yawning once again as another wave of tiredness downed on her system.

She looked over to the male who's still at his desk, all focused on his sketch. Her mind immediately wandered to what the future had in store for them, creating unwanted pictures in her head.

I don't want to lose him.

But we're not even sure about us.

What are we? Fuck buddies?

Jihye knocked her head with her fist.

Should I ask him?

Still, she never budged, just staring at his crouched back and the pencil in his grip.

It went on for long minutes, hearing the birds singing and the rustling of leaves outside the opened window, forcing her eyes not to close.

When boredom touched her sleepy state, Jihye decided to leave the bed, the dominant's shirt sliding till her mid-thighs.