Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"These doors go on forever!" Roman shouted from where he had ran a head. "And he's got a back door to my room and the Imagination! This I want to be addressed as soon as he's well enough!" He complained jogging back to the group, crossing his arms in agitation.

"He's got a back door to all of our rooms, Roman. I think its kind of sweet." Patton said, patting the Creative Side on the arm. "It means he cares about us to the point that he also want to check in on us, whenever he can."

"Behind our backs? I don't like being spied on." Roman grumbled.

"Neither do I, but that isn't the problem at the moment." Virgil grumbled, still standing close behind the Creative Side as a shield and holding Patton's hand in comfort.

"This is not an essential way of searching, we would cover more ground if we split up." Logan finally sighed out.

"We are not splitting up!! That horror movie rule one-o-one, Logan!" Virgil snapped.

"And may I remind you, we are not in a horror movie. We are in a hallway of doors, somewhere within Janus's territory and one of these doors will lead us to his room in theory." Logan said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"You don't know what happens on this side!" Virgil growled out, clenching a fist into the back of Roman's shirt as he began moving toward the Logical Side, taking Roman and Patton with him, almost causing Roman to trip, as he was pulled backwards.

"Kiddo's stop fighting!" Patton said, placing himself in between the two Sides.

"Patton's right. We're not going to accomplish anything fighting with one another." Thomas nodded, agreeing with Patton. "Besides nothing bad should happen here."

"I have to agree with them Virge. Besides what could happen? The plants outside try to eat us?" Roman said, shaking off Virgil's grip again, trying to sound teasing and lighten the situation. "Even you have said, that you, yourself doesn't know what happens here, because only Dec-Janus enters here. So, calm down, nothing is going to happen." He finished, dusting imaginary dust off his his suit.

"Besides, your going to cause Thomas some distress if you keep in this high anxious state." Logan added, gesturing to Thomas, who was starting to look like he was on the edge of freaking out a bit.

Collectively everyone took a calming breath, watching as Virgil's eyeshadow lighten with each calling breath. And then the floor beneath them erupted with vines of plants from the garden, causing all of them to scream in horror as it seemed the plants had not only grown, but had evolved to be able to growl. "BETRAYAL!! LIAR!! GET OUT!!" They snarled.

"WHAT WERE YOU SAYING ABOUT PLANTS NOT TRYING TO EAT US ROMAN!!" Virgil shouted, as they all began to run from the plant as they began to run, the walls and doors around them began getting covered in growling flora, with thorns.

"THIS ISN'T THE IMAGINATION VIRGIL!!" Roman shouted back.

"Doors! Open one of the doors!" Logan instructed.

"This ones open!" Thomas shouted, ripping a doors open.

It didn't take long for his instruction to be met. Virgil and Roman practically shoving each other to get through the door, with Logan and Patton pulling each other along. Logan grabbing hold of Thomas to drag him along, until a vine with Red Dahilia wrapped around Thomas just as the door slammed shut.

"WE'RE YOUR BETRAYAL!!" The flowers growled. As their vines were cut by the closing of the door.

"AAH!! GET'EMOFF!! GET 'EM OFF!!" Thomas shrieked.