Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Deceit took deep breathes trying to breath through the pain sinking out and recalling his room sent shooting through his Core. When he look down pulling aside his clothes to look at his chest he grimaced seeing visible cracks forming. That was not a good sign, but he couldn't just sit back and relax, he had to tend to the Dark Side. The deepest part of it at least. He stared at the wall, that the hidden door was at, Already he could hear the entities of the mind wanting to break free, sensing that their jailer was weak.

He tried not to think about how much damage he could continue to do to himself but he couldn't just let them roam. He also needed to seal the Dark Side. He was going to have to take his Core out to keep this wall strong, to activate a seal on the entire Dark Side. Hopefully this action wouldn't scatter him. A Core was only as strong the closer Thomas regarded them, and Deceit knew he wasn't that close to Thomas, so he would have to be extra cautious at least. He didn't care if his physical body disappeared, as long as his Core existed. His body would reform in his room. This way he would be somewhat sentient, and alert to any shenanigans happening. In a sense, he would put the Dark Side on lock down, including himself and anyone in it.

He took a breath and closed his eyes and grimaced at the energy it was directing to his Core. And slipped into what was similar to a half sleep, and awake state. Time slowed, some things became duller, other became sharper. The feeling of pain became a distant memory. He lost his vision, but gained better hearing. He could feel many things now, and hear the entities he kept locked away. He was with them, but then he wasn't. He was in his room and then he wasn't. He could detect odd movement, in the Dark Sides hallways near his room. He could detect movement where he left his body. He could be in many places now, it didn't matter about the odd movements he was detecting in the Dark Side nothing could get out now. He had successfully locked himself into the Dark Sides walls, Split in two so on one half of him was aware of those locked away, and the other to focus on healing. He would be acting on instincts from now on, although he would be a bit slow to react at times. This was maybe a little extreme and not the best way to work. But it was less taxing on him this way. And he wouldn't be around to be called evil. Thomas and the others wouldn't have to worry about watching out for Deceit.

Deceit was a function now, an instinct, and no longer would he be a bother to anyone. And he wouldn't have to feel that constant pain of rejection. After all he wouldn't be Deceit if he couldn't figure out a way of ignoring the rejection of his own, right?

(Thomas, Remus, and the Light Sides.)

"Remus, honest! I found him like this!" Virgil practically begged, as he used Roman as a shield.

"I DON'T FUCKING CARE!! THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!" Remus shouted, morningstar hitting air as his bitch baby of a brother pulled himself and Virgil out of the way.

"Remus, just calm down." Thomas tried, as all the Sides gathered behind him as a shield.

"DON'T FUCKING TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!" Remus's roared, sharp teeth showing morningstar raised again.

Thomas and the others screamed in fright as they bolted from the room, and down the stairs, scattering about the kitchen and common room at the bottom as the Duke chased after them in blind rage. Remus was so pissed off and seeing Janus with a hole in his chest and no core did not help the very thin line of control the Intrusive Thought had. He would kill them all!!

"Remus, please!!" Patton begged, as he hugged close to Thomas. The Duke stalking over to them with the scariest grin he'd ever seen.

Just as Remus prepared to attack. A yellow glow caught their attention and it took everyone including Remus a moment to recognize that they were looking at Janus, who appeared to be a yellow like holograph image, or ghost, that now stood in front of the raging Intrusive Side. It took another second to realize that this Janus was missing his scales. "Jay?...." Remus asked, frozen in his spot.

In truth they all were.

"Intrusive Thoughts. I have detected that you are acting out of line once again. You are aware that as an unwanted Side that that is not tolerated. Should you keep this up I will confine you to your room for the rest of Thomas's life. This is your only warning." The image stated, reaching for the Dukes, wrist, manifesting a thick piece of metal around it. Then as quick as Janus showed up, he disappeared.

Remus stood there shaking, his gaze on his wrist. "No.... Please no. Jay?!" He called looking around and back up the stairs.

No one wanted to move, but there was one question that needed to be ask, so Logan decided to be the one to ask it. "Remus, do you know what just happened?"

"Janus, isn't Janus, right now." Virgil answered instead.

"What do you mean?" Thomas asked.

"That wasn't Janus. That was his core function." Virgil answered.

"Do you think you could explain how you know this?" Logan asked.

Virgil nodded. Edging around the still frozen Duke, who had yet to look away from his own wrist with the seamless metal.

Virgil showed them where he had found Janus's body, and his core.

"Oh, my." Logan mumbled, as he took in the Deceitful Side split core in the wall. "This could be a problem." He stated.

TBC

A/N: So I know this is short, but I had a bit of a writers block, but I'm good now. Any guesses as to what Janus did to himself? And how their all going to fix it? ;)