Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Janus didn't know what he expected. It certainly wasn't to find himself following that urgent subconscious pull from Virgil and Thomas to the place he was sure no one but himself could go to. With Orange's door there, standing wide open. But that was impossible. Thomas was asleep; Should be asleep and Orange could not move their door. Unless Orange was using Thomas's sleep cycle as a way to try and escape. If Thomas and Virgil went in..... Where the hell were the twins?! They were in charge of the dream cycle. One of them should be able to sense something is wrong! Virgil obviously did. Cursing silently, Janus stepped into the room, darkness being the only thing he could see, besides two huddle forms of Thomas and Virgil.

"Thomas....." Orange's voice echoed around and Janus silently and calmly made his way over to the two huddled forms in the darkness. This wasn't really Orange's room, he finally decided. It was a replica, a way to reach out and get attention. And it was Janus's job to shut it down, before any harm could be done. However, first he needed to get Thomas and Virgil out first. He didn't want to accidentally send this little piece of Orange back with the two trapped within. That would be disastrous "Thomas...You need me....Not them." And he certainly couldn't let the beckoning call of the hidden Side to draw Thomas in.

"Little early for dream walking isn't it?" Janus said, looking down at the two huddled forms. Instantly the air in the darkness grew heavier. Orange knew he was there, and he was sure that Virgil could feel the hatred radiating from the darkness as well. Janus could only guess that Virgil had intended to lead Thomas to safety before getting overwhelmed but the intimidating emotion, causing Janus to step in.

"Janus?" Thomas said, looking up at the Deceitful Side.

"Very good, Thomas." Janus smiled, ignoring the aggressive energy swirling around them.

"What are you doing here?" Virgil demanded, trying to hide how worried he was. The intense emotion was definitely getting to him. "Did you bring us here?"

"Oh, yes. Its not like I was called out of bed in the middle of the night or anything. You two must have made a wrong turn on your way to the dreamscape." He continued, conversationally, holding a gloved hand out for Thomas to take to help him to his feet. No one took his hand, in fact no one moved, so Janus lowered his hand back to his side and made sure to show that it did not bother him at all that Thomas didn't trust him enough to take his hand and lead him out. "Anyway, nice room. Too bad it s covered in darkness, isn't it Virgil?" He asked, redirecting his attention to Virgil. If he could get Virgil riled up enough to ignore the heavy anger in the air, the Anxious Side would be able to lead Thomas out and Janus could send this door away and go and re-enforce Oranges containment. If he could get Thomas to ever accept Remus, and move the Duke room. Janus would have no problem sealing the Dark Side off for good. He would have made up for his past betrayal to both Remus and Virgil then.

"Their not mine, if that's what your hinting at." Virgil hisses, barely holding off the panic that was clear in his eyes.

"I didn't say they were." Janus tried to reassure.

"Deceit..... Anxiety..... YOU'LL PAY!!" The shadows in the darkness closed in blocking out any kind of light.

Janus only had time to grab hold of both Virgil and Thomas, before trying to run in the direction of the door. "What is going on?!" Thomas yelped, as Janus threw him with all the strength he had to where he last seen the door and breathed a sigh of relief when the darkness parted enough so he could see Thomas standing on the outside of the door. Sadly, the shadows solidified grabbing hold of both him and Virgil.