one

Ezra

A month after my IVF implantation, I still wasn't sure if I was pregnant. I had zero symptoms of pregnancy, no changes in appetite, no morning sickness, nothing.

I was trying my hardest to not act upset but Vincent saw through it immediately, telling me it would all work out, but I knew deep down he was disappointed too.

I was standing in the bathroom, with my phone in my hand. I was supposed to take the pregnancy test yesterday, but I couldn't build up the courage to take it. Vincent had tried to coax me a few times to do it, but he knew I was super anxious and not ready, so he didn't force me.

Besides, what if I took it and it was negative? The logical side of me knew that this happened to lots of people, and that we would just do IVF again, but I didn't want to go through another whole month of those shots in my stomach.

I can't take anymore fertilizer jokes either

So I made the executive decision to call Vincent, even though he was at work. He picked up on the first ring, "Everything alright?" He asked.

I didn't even realize I was crying, "I can't pee on the test without you and I need you to come home." I stuttered out between sobs, "I'll be home in 15 minutes, okay? Stay on the phone with me." He soothed, and eventually got me to calm down.

So now, I was sitting on the edge of bed while crying, and Vincent was in the bathroom, gripping onto the counter and staring at the piss stick like his life depended on it, waiting for the 5 minute mark.

"Ezra?" Vincent called out from the bathroom, and I actually wanted to faint, "Yeah?"

"C'mere."

I got up and walked to the bathroom, and saw Vincent with a smile on his face, "We're pregnant."

He turned the stick around, and sure enough, there was a plus sign and the word 'pregnant', "Holy shit."

"Holy shits right, we're having a baby!"

"There's a baby in me." I confirmed, "Like, an actual fetus."

He picked me up, and I wrapped my legs around his torso, "There's a baby in you!" He yelled with a uncontrollable smile, "Our baby!"

"We have to call the doctor." Vincent decided, "Holy shit, we need clothes, Ezra, we need, like everything."

"We have like 8 months Vincent, we'll get everything before then." I smiled, threading my fingers through his hair and giving him a lil kiss.

Once everything had calmed down, I assured Vincent he could go back to work, telling him I was leaving anyways, going to tell Donnie the news.

-

"No that motherfucker didn't!" Donnie shook his head, "No he fucking didn't!"

"I know!" I gushed, "A Lexus!" I squealed, and Donnie checked out the interior of the car as best as he could while holding Carter.

He opened the backseat, and saw the little car seat, and turned back around, "Surprise!"

A smile grew on Donnie's face as he made a high pitch yelp I've never heard anyone make, "You're having a baby? Ezra, don't mess with me right now."

I smiled and nodded, pulling my pee stick out of the bag, "I'm having a baby!"

"You're having a baby!" He exclaimed, "Oh my God we're having a baby, Carter you're going to have a best friend!"

Donnie placed his his on his forehead, "Oh my god, we need to go shopping!"

"You and Vince." I shook my head with a laugh, "I still have like, 8 months. I think we'll find time to get some baby stuff."

"Still, we should totally go this weekend! Oh I hope you have a little girl! We need a little girl around here and Carter could totally use a best friend!" He cheered.

"Carters only a few months old, he doesn't know his left from his right, never mind what a best friend is." I told him as he gasped, moving his hands to cover Carters ears.

"That's not very nice." He told me and I laughed, "What are you guys hoping for?"

"Vincent's pulling for a girl, but I'm personally hoping for a boy." I told him.

A little boy who looks just like Vincent? Count me in.

We soon made our way into Donnie's house, and got settled in the kitchen eating a snack, and Lucas walked in the door, giving Donnie a kiss and picking up Carter, before looking at me, "Hey Ezra." He smiled.

"Hey Lucas."

Donnie looked like he was about to bust, and looked at me quickly for confirmation before spilling the beans, I nodded at him and Donnie rushed out, "Lucas, babe, Ezra's having a freaking baby! Carters going to have a best friend!"

"Oh congratulations!" He told me, "That that must be why the boss was in such a great mood today."

"He was?" I smiled.

"Yeah, he was a grouch all morning, and then hastily rushed out off the office, came back an hour later and was in a great mood, let us have the rest of the day."

I couldn't help but smile, and I checked my phone to see Vince had texted me that he just got home, and 'fucking needed me to bring my pretty ass home right now.'

I texted back and told him I would be home in a bit, and he sent me a sad emoji back.

This man has never once used an emoji, and it made me almost laugh.

"Oh my god, we need baby shower themes!" Donnie shouted, "Ezra, I hope you know I'm living vicariously through your pregnancy, I wanted to do all this stuff with Carter but we didn't have any time."

I really didn't want to have a baby shower, nor plan one, but I figured I'd let Donnie have this so I indulged his idea, "Okay," I relented, "You're in charge of everything though." I told him.

"That's a deal." He told me, while immediately opening the pinterest app.

oh here we go

I left the Marchetti house soon after, going home to meet Vincent. He was on the phone with the doctor, telling him about the positive pregnancy test and scheduling an appointment for the ultrasound. He looked at me when walked in and smiled, "Hi mama."

"Hi daddy."

He gave me a wink as he finished up the phone call, and I walked up to him and leaned my chin on his chest looking up to him, "How you feelin' sweet girl?"

"I'm mostly excited, although I am a little nervous." I confessed, "But I haven't even had any symptoms, so I hope this will be a pretty easy pregnancy."

Vincent reached his hand down placed it on my lower abdomen with a smile, "You'll be just fine."

•••

Our Ezra's having a baby! Any thoughts on gender?!