7

WARNING: This chapter is potentially triggering, but doesn't violate Wattpad's Content Guidelines. Please read with caution.

No nonconsensual sex occurs, and no sexual abuse is glorified. If you are a victim of sexual abuse, text CONVO to 741741 in the US for free, confidential, 24/7, support. Learn more at Netflix's wannatalkaboutit.com

"Sorry. I'm sorry." I blurted those words so quickly that I didn't realize I said them in English. I shake my head quickly and repeat, "I'm sorry," in Zolano.

Get off him!

I push off his chest with my hands right as he sits up, making me plop down and straddle his lap. I can feel his sex pressing against mine; the muscular manifestation of his power.

I scramble off him and thud against a wall of the hole. A trickle of dirt falls atop my head, and I blink rapidly to clear my lashes.

The General stands up to his six or seven feet of height. I don't know how tall he is. All I know is that he's taller and deadlier than I will ever be.

"They are building an outhouse here," he says and studies the hole we're in. The hole is about twelve feet deep and six feet wide. If I were alone, I'd be stuck down here. With the strength in his thighs and hands, however, the General can easily climb out.

Of course, I'm not suggesting he gets to work. I'm not saying a damn peep, because I like having my head on my shoulders.

I stay seated and avoid eye contact to look as small and dismissive as possible. I've been trying hard to avoid this beast's attention, but of course I landed here with him.

"I gave you a command, Joan."

I throw my head back and stare into his eyes, because I know exactly what command he's talking about. Soon, he's going to have to command me to stay alive, because those blue eyes of his are going to kill me.

He steps closer. One, two, steps. I try to escape him by pressing so hard against the wall of the cave that a rock digs into my skull.

The General falls to his knees before me, and I instantly shuffle to grab his elbows.

"You can't do that. Please, stand up."

He can't kneel before me. Kneeling is for people in lower status than his. I don't want any more special treatment from this male. Everyone knows he has his eye on me, but if they saw their great General kneeling for me, then I would truly be ruined.

Now that I'm standing, his head reaches my chest. I squeeze his elbows and heave as I try to pull him up. His bones are hard and thick like the rest of him. He's hot under my touch; his temperature countering the cool of his eyes.

Wait a fucking minute. I'm not supposed to know how hot he burns or how solid he's built. I'm not allowed to touch a Master!

I release him like he burnt me. "I forgot the rules. Please forgive me. Shit, I—" I slap a hand over my mouth to stop the string of curses.

"Those rules..." he begins, and I imagine him killing me in three different scenarios. He's within his rights to kill me. I've disrespected him one too many times, and the Zolano people value obedience over everything.

"Are to keep lesser men in check."

What does that mean? That he doesn't mind when I make eye contact or touch him? Well, that's nice, but I still prefer to have a planet between us.

"You fear me."

Geez, what gave it away? My trembling, fleeting, or that every third word I say is an apology?