Epilogue

Christina King.

These past few days have been the longest and the day was finally here, the funeral.

My parents, the Sullivan's, the Aubert's and just a few other people were present in the gathering and all stood around her grave dressed in black. The body was lowered into the ground and a few people gathered around the mother sympathetically. Yes, Mrs Coleman finally made it back after the death of her daughter and she was more than shocked to hear of what happened. The news got to her that same night and she was back in France early the next morning. She didn't think what was wrong with her was something that would lead to her losing her life because it wasn't the first time Alex fell sick and she already had a history of cases similar to that. Anyone would call her irresponsible for what she did but just a glance at her reaction to the sight of her was just enough to make anyone moved.

I would say that was the first time I ever saw her so broken. Her scream could be heard in the other rooms and it took a lot to make her let go of the corpse. I wasn't a fan of her but even I couldn't just sit and watch all that was happening. Everyone was giving everything to console her but the actual truth is, there's nothing anyone would say that could make her feel any better. Alex was her only child and it was such a tragedy that she couldn't see her the last few hours she was alive.

Leo and I had to spend the night with her, just so she wouldn't make any bad decisions alone. There were a lot she could do in a situation like that and emotions like the ones she was feeling could push her to do things. The news got to my parents and they were able to make it here that same day. It was surprising, although sad, that she wanted to ruin my family and we were the ones there for her in a time like this.

The news got out, of course, it was on the newspapers, television, social media and everyone was talking about it. The reason wasn't known to public because her mother wanted it that way and no one said a word against it. We respected her decision but it got me a lot of hate from people that loved her. There were quite an amount of people that thought the whole thing that happened between us was the reason for her death and I couldn't respond to any one of them. Luckily, there weren't rumors about it and that was a relief.

Moreover, we met Alex's real dad during the funeral. I wasn't told it was him but just a glance was enough to see her in her father. He didn't talk to anyone there, he just looked down at his lifeless daughter, cried and left the place without a single world. He looked really angry and those tears were from the rage going on inside of him.

That was it, a few people were leaving and Mrs Coleman had gone with my mom and Jennifer's mom to her house. It was just Leo and I left and we too were heading to the car.

"So what's next for the Christina King?" He said, draping an arm over my shoulder. I couldn't help but chuckle at his attempt to make me feel better. Everyone was sad and he was the same guy I heard crying in the bathroom this morning but there he is, trying to make the whole thing look better.

"Well, I'm heading home with my parents after this and get ready for college, I guess"

"You're not resuming till another one week and neither am I so how about you spend just a few days more here"

"This place is a reminder of everything that has happened in just the past few weeks. I can't be here without feeling bad, I need somewhere new, a breath of fresh air at least."

"In New York or France, you're still the same person but it's okay, I understand you"

"It was nice being here with you Leo, I wish we met under better circumstances"

"So this is it?"

"Sadly"

"I'm sure the future holds more for a girl like you and I really hope we meet again. Goodbye Christina"

"Goodbye Leo"

THIS IS NOT THE END!

Maybe.

Author's note.

I literally feel like crying just by writing this, I don't know if you feel the same.

Anyways, it was nice writing this story. I would call French Rose the easiest I've had to write so far and it's sad we made it to the end like this. I've thought of uploading a book 3 but the reads on this one is not encouraging. I mean, I had the first one with over 7M and this one isn't up to 13k even at the end. I'm hoping the reads would increase a lot more after this and by then, I would upload it and inform you all.

If you want me to upload the story of Alex and Lucas, kindly drop it in the comment section.

I have a lot of story inspirations and they're some I'm currently cooking up for you. I'll be sure to let y'all know when I upload another book and please be kind to check it out, I promise you won't be disappointed. The one I'll be uploading this week or the next is a lot more better than this one, I can say it with my full chest 😂😂😂. For now, please be sure to check out my other book Hiraeth and two other new ones, A SCANDAL WITH MR CEO and HELLO CARLO. They're here on wattpad for free.

I'm on Instagram @sophie.kenke , send me a message and I'll reply.

Please do not forget to tell me what you think about this book and also share it with your friends, just one share goes a long way. Thank you very much for reading my book. Jesus loves you and Dream_writer11 loves you too ❤💛💙