Chapter 13

Alex Coleman

"Leo literally gave her the video mom and we were so close to the camera, everyone heard the whole conversation" Shaky breaths escaped my lips as my sweaty palms made contact with my forehead. I detached it the moment I realized I had caked my face with make up and just as I expected, my fingertips were covered with foundation. I could've been worried I had my fingers printed on my face but I couldn't worry about anything besides my reputation and how it was crashing down before me.

I couldn't turn on my phone or glance at the screen, it was just a reminder of how bad things had got and how much hate I was getting. The first thing I saw was a message from Georgia telling me I had to see the video. Besides my mom, she was the only one who knew how much I hated the Kings and why I did. In fact, she planned the whole thing to ruin Christina's reputation and I didn't hesitate before going with the plan. It was finally an opportunity to get revenge for all her parents did to mine and if I could do it again without Leo being such a traitor, I would.

"Did you know he had cameras everywhere?"

"Well, yeah but what kind of party wouldn't? Besides, Leo and I have been together for so long, I didn't expect him to find an evidence against me and just hand it over to her without thinking of how I would feel. How's this possible mom? They met a few days ago and we've been friends for years!"

I'd never had my heart crushed so bad in my entire life. After all I'd done to get us so close, it was obvious he was ready to throw it all away with a word from Christina. Once again, a reason why I hated the Kings. They just knew the best way to ruin your life in a second but this time, I wouldn't let what they did years ago happen all over again.

"Worry more on how to fix your reputation and leave the rest to me. They'll get what's coming to them"

Christina King.

"Yeah, but at least, you're happy now, aren't you?"

"Umm" I laughed, rubbing my palms against my opened arm. It really wasn't the best time to laugh but I mean, it's not my fault it slipped out, am I right?

"I'm not, I'm not happy at all. I really appreciate all you've done for me but even though it feels so right she got what she deserved, I can feel you're not in the best situation right now and I'm so sorry I didn't think about it before telling you to_"

"If" He cut me off "If I told you this would happen, would you have asked for the video footage?"

Come on dude, we had things going well, you didn't have to ask that question.

What am I meant to say, yes?

Well, I would've done anything to get myself out of the mess I was tangled in but it's not my fault it's my first time getting so much hate. I literally had my phone blasting with notifications, obviously wrong videos about my haters saying stuff they don't know, hate comments and even messages. Anyone would've wanted that in position but still, Leo was too good to get the guilt he got. Way too good.

So the answer to the question is yes

But indirectly though.

"Umm" I cleared my throat, staring at Leo patiently waiting for a reply with one eyebrow slightly lifted than the other. Which reminds me, how do people do that?

"Can we maybe get pizza?"

Leo let out a laugh the moment I said those words and that was the relief he wasn't as hurt as I thought he was and also a reminder my laugh would never.

"Christina, I'm not mad at you, if that's what you're thinking. I knew well this would happen before deciding to help"

"I know this isn't the right time to say this but why did you risk that much? I mean, you've been friends with her for a long time and you're on my side instead"

"Would you maybe want to make pizza with me? It'll make me feel better?"

I had no idea he was serious till we walked into the kitchen.The last time I tried to make pizza, keyword tried, didn't end up being the best experience. Not that I even wanted to at the first place, why go through all that stress when I can just order one. Anyways, it was my mom's idea for us to all wear matching bunny pajamas and spend some time together in a lame attempt to get us all to bond. It was her first few days into the pregnancy so everyone besides aunt Kayla and I, did everything to make her happy cause that's totally the right thing to do when she was obviously doing it to annoying us all. It probably would've been worse if aunt Kayla was pregnant too. Well, I was forced to dress up and act like I was interested and yes, we didn't end up making the pizza successfully.

Dad started arguing with aunt Kayla as usual, mom dozed off on the couch and I sipped on a juice box till the fire alarm went off.

Maybe I knew it was burning, maybe I didn't. We'll never know.

Cooking wasn't my thing, I preferred eating but because I'd do anything to reciprocate Leo's kindness, I agreed.

The chef excused us, we threw on aprons and I must say, the sizes available were way too big. I was surprised those sizes even existed. Even Leo, who happened to be big, looked smaller in it and me, do not let me get started. The size I got was probably an extra large cause it almost reached my ankles and made me look a lot shorter than I was. I didn't want to get my clothes dirty but i'd do anything to get it off.

"Before we get into anything serious, you have to understand I'm not a fan of cooking so I might say or do stuff I shouldn't"

"That's not a problem, I'm doing this just to make us feel better. My choice of fun isn't the best but at least it's something"

"That's sweet Leo but I'm sure it'll resurface the moment we go through social media." I mumbled and placed my warm palms on the cold slab. Before me were bowls filled with flour, eggs, some stuff I didn't know and everything we could possibly need to prepare the meal.

He was right when he said whatever this was leading to would help ease the tension. I mean, we weren't talking about the whole Alex issue like we did a few minutes ago but let's face it, it took just a tap on our phones to bring it all back and we'd be back right where we left it. Don't get me wrong, I didn't feel bad Alex got what she got. It felt great even but I guess the weird feeling I had inside me was because it was my first time doing something like that and Leo had to deal with whatever was going on with he had Alex. She literally had the worst attitude in the world but that was to everyone but Leo, I could just tell by the way she looked at him without rolling her eyes or going all rude like she did to every other person.

She liked him, she really liked him.

"Every minute we spend without feeling like the world has their eyes on us counts. Even if this lasts for an hour while we play around with dough, at least we have that feeling off our necks now"

"You're right" I smiled and in return "You know, I used to love cooking as a kid"

"You don't look like you went as far as setting the table"

"Understandable but_"

"Did I miss something?"

Then that happened.

My head snapped to the entrance and leaning against the door was a very familiar mop of brown hair with his arms crossed over his chest.  "Dad?"