💙- med bay..

Mother!daughter
Wanda is 7
Tw⚠️: description of blood, mention of needles, scaring

******************

Wanda pov.

It's right after I was rescued from hydra and if I'm being honest I don't understand why everything hurts or why they helped me I'm a monster. I'm sitting in a bedroom that is decorated plainly but the most beautiful room I had seen in years. Then a certain redhead walked in the kind one that found me in the testing area strapped down. "Hey Wanda, I know you don't have any clothes so I thought you might want these.. it's not much tho but they should fit!" she said happily. "Thanks.." I hesitantly replied as she placed them on the bed. "All these are for me? Are you sure?" I asked as she just nodded and handed me a top and leggings. "They are for you Wanda, now you have two options you can eat first then shower or shower then eat but either way you need to go to med bay after for a check up. is that ok?" Nat explained it I had options.. I hadn't had those before.. it felt nice to choose for once. " Can-n I show-wer first?" Apprehension seeping into my voice. Nat smiled and nodded, "of course Hun follow me!" I did and she took me to a bathroom.. a huge bathroom! "Do you need any help?" Nat asked taking me from my daze. "Could you help with.." I looked down to my wrists that had been bandaged tightly and put in to these weird sleeve things by the hydra guards to chain me to things it stopped me from escaping. They preformed experiments on me.. I'm pretty sure that the tube from my arm, that the scientists put in was never been taken out but I had gotten used to the pain that it caused."Yea sure honey" Nat said kneeling down to a cabinet pulling out a white bag with a green cross on it.
"Can I put you on the counter Hun?" She asked me sweetly and I nodded nervously.

Nat pov.

I lifted the small seven year old onto the counter noting that she must be malnourished due to her feeling wieghtless. Once she was situated I pulled the wrist covering they had zips on what looked to be either restraints or supports to something I could only guess. I thought that she just couldn't undo it on her own but underneath shocked me..

I unzipped the zipper and Wanda flinched. I cut the rest of the way with the medical scissors to the bottom where the fabric ended. Underneath were filthy bandages with blood stains seeping through. As I started unwrapping her wrists she started screaming and crying "Nat stop please it hurts, please!!" the bandages were sticking to her skin. "Ok Hun ok but I'm going to have to take you to med bay sooner now." The shower long forgotten I carefully put her on my hip and shushed her as she whimpered in pain. As we were walking down the hall Wanda started crying as I brought her down to med bay. "Hey, hey Hun can you talk to me?" after I got her attention I sat her down on my lap. "What's wrong are you ok?" I asked full of confusion and concern. "I don't wanna they hurt me, scary people!!" Wanda started hyperventilating after Bruce walked over in his lab coat.
"Hey Nat what's up?" Bruce asked politely. "No No No No No I don't wanna please Nat not again please!!" Wanda yelled I just placed her head on my chest and rubbed her back hoping to bring the young girl some form of comfort to the young girl. "What's wrong, what do you need? How can I help you dorogoy (sweetheart)" I asked.
"I don't wanna they hurt please Nat I don wanna hurt anymore!" Wanda yelled tears pouring down her cheeks. "But your arms Hun that looks painful they can help." I tried to reason with her genuinely concerned about the small girl especially when she's so malnourished. "They said that.." wanda whispered. "They said it would stop the hurt but they didn't they lied, I no wanna!" Wanda yelled and my heart broke for this small child. Bruce left the room back into the med bay and Bruce talked to the staff and they all started taking off their lab coats and Wanda peaked out of my neck. "they just people, yes they no hurt me will they?" Wanda asked quietly just above a whisper. Bruce came back out with no lab coat and crouched down next to Wanda holding a stuffed tiger. "Hi Wanda I'm Bruce and this is one of my special friends and he needs some help." Bruce said it softly and handed Wanda the plush toy. "Why?.." wanda asked timidly. "He doesn't like the room over there it can be scary to him and a lot of other people, so can you look after him while I check out your injuries?" Bruce asked and Wanda nodded but stopped and looked at me, "Nat, you come too still bit scared?" Wanda asked apprehension evident in her voice. "Of course Hun I will come with you!" I said grabbing her hand getting her of my lap and we walked into the med bay.

We walked in and Wanda took some deep breaths calming down a bit keeping a grip on my hand like her life depended on it. As we took her to a medical bed and placed her on it. "Nat no leave please.." Wanda whimpered out. "I won't dorogoy (sweetheart) I promise Kay?" I asked sitting on the bed she placed her self in my lap and Bruce walked in. "Hey Wanda are you ready? If not that's ok, I will go at your pace" he said and Wanda nodded pulling her tiger close to her. "That's great I'm going to give Nat this and you can get changed then we can give you a check up, yea? Just press the call button when your ready" Bruce asked Wanda she only nodded mostly out of anxiety he left after placing a medical gown on the bed. He gave her a medical gown as well as a really small one for her tiger. "Alright do you need help? " Wanda nodded. "Ok that's fine thank you for telling me" I grabbed hers first and she sat on her knees I pulled off her ripped t-shirt and her small frame that was littered with scars. I left her wrists not wanting to hurt her even more. I put her gown on her and tied the back up. "Can you can take of your pants by yourself or do you need some help?" I asked and she shook her head as she took them off. "Do you want to press the button? after we get tiger dressed?" I asked knowing Lila Clint's daughter who was around the same age liked to press buttons on things. "Yes please!!" Wanda asked visibly more comfortable now and we got her tiger into his gown and she pressed the buzzer excitedly making me remember how young she was with the little amount of innocence left in this poor child.

Bruce came back and smiled as Wanda sat in my lap with tiger. "Hi again Wanda, can you tell me what's wrong?" Bruce asked and Wanda shook her head. "Nat?" He questioned. "It's her arms I tried to remove the bandages but they are stuck to her skin" I answered for her as she was shaking. "Ok Wanda can you remember what happend before the bandages went on?" Bruce asked. "cut.. blood.. hurt.. tubes.. red water.. crying.. punishment.." Wanda stuttered out and after the word punishment a loud sob escaping her mouth hugging me. "Tubes? Could it be a cannula" Bruce asked one of his assistants and asked the to get a machine. Most likely an x-ray. "Hey Wanda, can I use a special machine to take pictures of your arms?" She nodded the assistant brought in an x-ray and Wanda stiffened up a bit as anxiety radiated off her. " Ok Wanda can you lie down and keep still for me" Bruce said. I sat in the chair next to her holding her hand.

As they took the machine away Wanda had silent tears that slipped down her face. I kissed them away. "It's alright you were so brave" Bruce came back and she was asleep. "The x-rays show plastic tubing down her arms that can easily be fixed by taking them out while she sleeps but I think wait until tomorrow" he explained. "Can we give her anything for the pain?" I asked not wanting her to hurt she's been through so much already. "Yea give me one sec" He said going off to a cupboard pulling out a syringe of pain medication then injected her with it. "That will last for the night, tomorrow I can give her an oral dose" Bruce said placing the waste into a bin. "Thanks Bruce see you in the morning" as he left the room after bidding me good night and I slept on the couch in the med bay.

The morning came and I went to get coffee and food for me and Wanda knowing med bay food is shit.

I get back and Wanda is still sleeping. As I contemplated what's going to happen later on.

*************************
Word count:1620

I wrote this in an online lesson so I hope its ok lmao

└|∵|┐♪♪┌|∵|┘♪
Thx for reading and take care of yourself, earth and drink something take your meds if that's something you need to do.🙃